Google Leads AI Domination Race
by Felix Richter (Statista)
Google I/O, the company’s annual developer conference, is Google’s biggest event of the year. One of the main talking points at this year’s conference will likely be artificial intelligence.
Google has been slowly injecting AI into many of its products and services and the company’s CEO Sundar Pichai has sounded very bullish on the prospects of artificial intelligence in recent public appearances.
As our chart (above) illustrates, Google’s recent M&A activity also speaks for the company's ambitions in the AI field. According to numbers compiled by CB Insights, the Google acquired 11 artificial intelligence startups since 2012, more than any other company. Considering that all tech industry heavyweights are working on artificial intelligence solutions, we can expect our phones and computers to become a lot smarter in the years to come.
- Google AlphaGo Beats Chinese Go Master
- Google Leads AI Domination Race
- AI Acquisitions Accelerate
- The Next Big IT Career: Data Analytics
- Blockchain Startup R3's Recent Funding
- Bitcoin & Its Murkier Rivals
- Toyota Uses Open-Source Software
- The Future of A.I.
- Big Data for Small and Medium Businesses
- Companies Crunching Big Data Winning Competitive Advantage
- Learning From Agile
- Testing as a Service
- Getting Physical with Virtual Servers
- Will Robots Steal Your Job?
- Avoiding Fragmented Infrastructure in the Data Center
- DevOps: Indispensable Approach or Costly Distraction?
- New Programming Languages to Watch
Article: Copyright © 2017 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved