How to Gain More Instagram Followers
by Cian Laurence
Struggling to get your 'like' count up? Trying to figure out how to gain more followers? Here are the top tips to maximize your presence on Instagram.
Instagram has become one of the most popular social networking sites to share photos with your friends and keep up-to-date with your favorite celebrities. Thanks to easy-to-use photoshop apps, you can turn virtually any photo into a “like”-worthy image through various filters and editing features. As with all social media, Instagram shows your follower count. While many of us strive for higher numbers and a more balanced ratio between following and followers, getting the right images on your page will increase your “likes” and followers. Followers are crucial to “likes” for a photo.
It’s quite gratifying to receive a high “like” count on a post. Yet, sometimes even high quality images don’t get the “likes” we’d expect. Some Instagrammers have been known to delete those unloved photos, in hopes that their page will appear more attractive and popular.
So how do we fix this? How do we heighten our follower base so that our pictures can rack-up more “likes”? Here are some helpful tips to get your following up so that you, too, can become (almost!) Insta-famous.
Stick To A Theme
Having a similar theme or message throughout your photos and videos will enable you to gain traction in the areas you feel most connected. For example, if you love to bake or cook, upload mouth-watering, relevant photos and they will find their way into the right communities and help you get the followers you want.
Tag, You’re It
Tagging people, companies or brands in your post is a clever way to gain more followers. Tagging someone relevant to your image will send them a notification and direct link to your photo which may prompt them into following you.
When setting up your account, you are given two choices: public or private. Setting your profile to public allows all 400 million users of the app to view, “like” and share your snaps. Allowing other users access to your profile is a surefire way to get that those with similar interests to your page. It’s a big community and you’ll have access to it by keeping your setting public.
Instagram works through filtering hashtags. Using a particular hashtag will relate your photo or video to a whole network of others interested in the same thing as you. Hashtags work like online folders, which are great for gaining more followers. I recommend using as many relevant hashtags as possible to help boost your account’s presence and visibility. Currently, Instagram allows a maximum of 30 hashtags to be used on a single post.
Funny posts, uniques posts, posts that are relevant to a topic but are a bit quirky are a clever way to up your follower numbers on Instagram. Being different and personable across your account will allow people to connect and become invested in your account, tell friends about your page and help boost your credibility.
Now you have it, the easy-to-follow steps to gaining more traction and followers on Instagram. Remember, it’s considered good etiquette on Instagram to “like” those back who “like” you. This reciprocal liking is a sure-fire way to build follower and “like” numbers on your Instagram page.
- Social Media: The Great Influencer
- Where Social Media is Under Assault
- Top 10 Airlines: In-flight Internet
- Are You Friends with Your Kid on Facebook?
- How to Curate Your Facebook Friend Lists
- How to Stop a Facebook Hoax
- The Dangers of Internet Dating
- Social Networks Go Private
- Why Internet.org Might Not Be A Great Idea
- How to Gain More Instagram Followers
- Fun Online Dating Sites for Newbies
- Manage your Web-Surfing Time Better
- Manage Your Social Media Better
- The Ultimate Guide to Internet Service
- Best Cloud Storage Options
- The Ins and Outs of Vine
- How Facebook Housekeeping Can Improve Your Social Image
- Make Your Own Memes
- Crowdfunding 101
- How To Save Money With These Online Tax Programs
- Are Teens Moving Away From Facebook?
- Make the Most out of Social Media in 4 Easy Steps
- What Content Streaming Service is Right For You?
- Three Websites to Increase Your Teen's Productivity
- Cooking Websites Your Kids Will Love
- How to Help Your Kids Be Good Digital Citizens
- Social Networks Just for Kids
- Smart Online Games for Kids
- Best Parenting Advice Sites
- How to Create a Screen-Time Schedule for Your Kids
- Find the Best Online Courses for Teens
- Leadership TED Talks for Kids
- What You Need to Know About YouTube Kids
- YouTube Stars Kids Can Look Up To
- How to Get Medical Help Online
- How To Use Google Photos
- New Ways To Use Photo-Sharing Sites
- Turning Engagement Into Profit
- 'Internet of Things' Revolutionizing Healthcare
- How to Create a Social Media Contract With Your Kids
- How to Control Your Online Reputation
- Top 5 Social Media Scams
- Why Depressed People Check Their Email More
Article: Copyright © 2016, Studio One.