How To Save Money With These Online Tax Programs
by Milvian Prieto
It’s that time of year for millions of taxpayers: tax season. It’s in full swing and the IRS expects to have over 150 million tax returns filed this year. This year’s deadline is April 18th, thanks to an observation of Emancipation Day in Washington, D.C. that causes the banks to be closed on the traditional deadline of April 15th.
The deadline may seem like it’s far away but don’t procrastinate. It’s never too early to start getting your documents together to make the process of getting your refund check as trouble-free as possible.
There are a few ways to file your taxes such as paying for a personal accountant/CPA, going to a tax service or using an online tax program. Although there are many ways to file your taxes, filing them online may be the most convenient. In fact, the IRS expects over 80% of taxes to be filed online.
There are many online tax software programs available and several allow you to file your taxes free of charge, making it accessible to test out in case you want to purchase any of the various programs offered. Whether you’re self-employed or a small business owner, there are different versions of tax programs to benefit every type of worker.
Here are some of the best tax programs that will make filing taxes a stress-free process and will help you get the most out of your tax refund.
If you already do your taxes online, chances are you’ve heard about TurboTax or may have even used it. It is the industry’s standard. Equipped with a sleek format design, step-by-step instructions and 24/7 live customer assistance,
TurboTax makes filing taxes reliable and easy-to-use so you don’t miss a step. This year, the program introduced a “Tap. Snap. Done.™” feature, which allows the user to upload a photo of their W2 and it will automatically fill in the blanks in all of the appropriate forms.
Filing taxes online may seem like a daunting process. But do not fret, H&R Block is here to help with over 12,000 regional offices located in the United States to easily connect you with a representative to assist you with any questions or tax complications you’re having.
Along with its regional offices, some highlights from H&R Block’s online tax program is its accuracy review and data security to ensure that all your personal information is safe.
While TaxACT does not offer as many comprehensive tools as the two programs above, it is the most affordable program that provides high quality assistance. This program was built for the W-2 worker with a simple tax situation. TaxACT offers free tax filing, email support and real-time refund status.
These three online tax programs are great for anyone who is eager to save money and time. What’s the benefit of filing your taxes by using one of these programs? You’ll gain more of a first-hand understanding of your financial situation that you wouldn’t get if you were to have someone else do it for you. So take these online tax programs into consideration when you decide to file your taxes.
Milvian Prieto, a New Jersey-based writer, is on a quest to find the best apps that benefit 20-somethings and young families. She loves learning about technology and the way it impacts our lives.
- The End of Free and Open Internet Access
- Corporate Interests Warping the Internet
- Grappling with Disinformation
- Making Social Media Safe for Democracy
- China's Censorship Model Will Prevail
- Money Talks in China’s Cloistered Internet
- Music Streaming's Unstoppable Rise
- Internet Shutdowns Increasing
- Always On Facebook
- Where Ad Fraud is Rife
- Snapchat Number One Among Teens
- Where People Can't Live Without The Internet
- Twitter Falls Behind the Competition
- Behind Google's Online Empire
- Is TV's Reign Nearing Its End?
- Social Media: The Great Influencer
- Where Social Media is Under Assault
- Top 10 Airlines: In-flight Internet
- Are You Friends with Your Kid on Facebook?
- How to Curate Your Facebook Friend Lists
- How to Stop a Facebook Hoax
- The Dangers of Internet Dating
- Social Networks Go Private
- Why Internet.org Might Not Be A Great Idea
- How to Gain More Instagram Followers
- Fun Online Dating Sites for Newbies
- Manage your Web-Surfing Time Better
- Manage Your Social Media Better
- The Ultimate Guide to Internet Service
- Best Cloud Storage Options
- The Ins and Outs of Vine
- How Facebook Housekeeping Can Improve Your Social Image
- Make Your Own Memes
- Crowdfunding 101
- How To Save Money With These Online Tax Programs
- Are Teens Moving Away From Facebook?
- Make the Most out of Social Media in 4 Easy Steps
- What Content Streaming Service is Right For You?
- Three Websites to Increase Your Teen's Productivity
- Cooking Websites Your Kids Will Love
- How to Help Your Kids Be Good Digital Citizens
- Social Networks Just for Kids
- Smart Online Games for Kids
- Best Parenting Advice Sites
- How to Create a Screen-Time Schedule for Your Kids
- Find the Best Online Courses for Teens
- Leadership TED Talks for Kids
- What You Need to Know About YouTube Kids
- YouTube Stars Kids Can Look Up To
- How to Get Medical Help Online
- How To Use Google Photos
- New Ways To Use Photo-Sharing Sites
- Turning Engagement Into Profit
- 'Internet of Things' Revolutionizing Healthcare
- How to Create a Social Media Contract With Your Kids
- How to Control Your Online Reputation
- Top 5 Social Media Scams
- Why Depressed People Check Their Email More
- 'Right to be Forgotten'
- New Media Age: More News in Fewer Words
- Getting the Poorest 4 Billion Online
- Understanding Cloud Storage
- An Internet Governance Model for the 21st Century
- Decisive Year in the Battle to Maintain Freedom of the Web
- New Dot London Domain Names Go on Sale
- Online Trolls: Just Sadists at Heart
- Google and Facebook Carve out Internet Empires
- New Group Aims for Affordable Internet Access
- Who's Not Online and Why
- Magical Thinking
- Pinterest Could Soon be Second Most Used Social Network
- Facebook Fasting
- Facebook 'Unfriending' Triggers Real-life Consequences
- The Internet Racket
- Taxing Internet Sales
- The Death of Depth
- Youth on the Web: Reason? Who Needs a Reason
- How to Use Google+
- Twitter Good Barometer of National Emotional State
- Facebook Privacy Settings You Should Change Now
- Woman Puts Husband Up For Sale on Craigslist
Article: Copyright © 2016, Studio One.