Snapchat Number One Among Teens
by Martin Armstrong (Statista)
This chart ranks the favorite social networking platforms among American teenagers.
When it comes to their social media preferences, U.S. teens are about as loyal as Brutus was to Caesar. Back in 2013, Facebook was still their social network of choice. In 2014, Instagram took the throne for a while before being replaced by Snapchat in 2016.
Now, in the fall of 2017, Snapchat is the clear number 1 for teens in the United States, with nearly half of the 6,000+ teenagers polled for PiperJaffray’s bi-annual “Taking Stock With Teens” survey naming it their favorite social platform. 24 percent of the teenage respondents called Instagram their favorite, while Facebook and Twitter are losing touch with the teen demographic.
So how do these numbers translate into actual usage? Are teenagers really abandoning Facebook in droves?
Not quite, apparently. According to this year's spring edition of PiperJaffray’s report, more than half of U.S. teens still use Facebook at least once a month. The same holds true for Twitter, which is used regularly by 56 percent of U.S. teens. Snapchat and Instagram hold their ground in terms of usage as well: both are used at least monthly by around 80 percent of young Americans.
- The End of Free and Open Internet Access
- Corporate Interests Warping the Internet
- Grappling with Disinformation
- Making Social Media Safe for Democracy
- China's Censorship Model Will Prevail
- Money Talks in China’s Cloistered Internet
- Music Streaming's Unstoppable Rise
- Internet Shutdowns Increasing
- Always On Facebook
- Where Ad Fraud is Rife
- Snapchat Number One Among Teens
- Where People Can't Live Without The Internet
- Twitter Falls Behind the Competition
- Behind Google's Online Empire
- Is TV's Reign Nearing Its End?
- Social Media: The Great Influencer
- Where Social Media is Under Assault
- Top 10 Airlines: In-flight Internet
- Are You Friends with Your Kid on Facebook?
- How to Curate Your Facebook Friend Lists
- How to Stop a Facebook Hoax
- The Dangers of Internet Dating
- Social Networks Go Private
- Why Internet.org Might Not Be A Great Idea
- How to Gain More Instagram Followers
- Fun Online Dating Sites for Newbies
- Manage your Web-Surfing Time Better
- Manage Your Social Media Better
- The Ultimate Guide to Internet Service
- Best Cloud Storage Options
- The Ins and Outs of Vine
- How Facebook Housekeeping Can Improve Your Social Image
- Make Your Own Memes
- Crowdfunding 101
- How To Save Money With These Online Tax Programs
- Are Teens Moving Away From Facebook?
- Make the Most out of Social Media in 4 Easy Steps
- What Content Streaming Service is Right For You?
- Three Websites to Increase Your Teen's Productivity
- Cooking Websites Your Kids Will Love
- How to Help Your Kids Be Good Digital Citizens