Benefits and Features to Look For When Buying a Smartphone
by Heidi Raker
Smartphones have become indispensable and a complete necessity in our lives. They connect us to our family, friends, workplace and the world. Shopping for a smartphone can be daunting, simply because there are so many options out there.
It can be easy for you to get lost in all of the benefits that phone companies have to offer while trying to arrive at a decision. Here are the key smartphone features that you should focus on to narrow your search and help you come to the best decision for your needs.
Size and Design Preference
Phones come in all sizes, and the trend lately has been “bigger is better.”
Taking into account the size of the phone is very important because you are going to be holding and using your phone all the time, having to easily transport it from one location to the next. Do you prefer a phone that leans more towards being a tablet, or something smaller? Where will you store the device? What size phone will best fit where you will be storing it as you move about? Another design element to keep in mind is the outer appearance. Are you satisfied with a standard black phone, or do you prefer more color and flair for your device? Thinking about what you want your phone to look like will narrow your search.
Everyone has different camera needs.
A lot of people simply use their phones to take pictures and video for personal use. However, if you are someone who prefers a more cutting edge and high-definition camera, comparing the caliber of different lenses will be very useful to you.
Consider the battery life that the phone you are looking at comes with. Many phones have a less than ideal battery.
If you are someone who is always on the go and does not have extended time to be plugged into the wall recharging your phone battery, then battery life should be a major factor in deciding on a smartphone.
The importance of speed is something that most people can agree on.
No one wants to be held back by lagging internet pages and slow loading apps. Choose a phone that, along with your other preferences, possesses a speedy connection and doesn’t have the tendency to freeze up and buffer.
Knowing how much your phone will be able to store is going to be a huge benefit to you, especially when you start using up gigabytes. If you are someone who enjoys the benefits of having many apps on your phone as well as the ability to store thousands of pictures, consider storage when making your purchase. There are many options for storage on smartphones. By selecting the phone with the storage capacity that is right for your needs, you will avoid the dreaded “storage full” message.
Buying a smartphone can be a tricky process because of the vast market of upgrades and features that we are exposed to everyday.
By focusing your search to design preferences, camera, battery life, speed and storage, your decision will be made much easier.
Heidi Raker, mother of three tech-obsessed teens, has written about lifestyle products and parenting for over 30 years. She has a no-cellphone-at-meals policy, which remains one of her biggest family challenges.
- Do Not Break Your iPhone
- Smartphone Prices Trending Upwards
- iPhone X Steals the Show
- What The iPhone X Costs Around The World
- Mobile Data: Who's Using The Most
- Smartphones Cause Photography Boom
- Most iPhone Users Never Look Back
- The iPhone Price Index
- Most Used Devices
- Africans Never Hung Up on Nokia Brick
- Smartphone Addiction Tightens Its Global Grip
- Teens and Their Smartphones
- The (Still) Limited Reach of Apple Pay
- Chinese Smartphone Players
- Landline Phones Are a Dying Breed
- When Will 5G Hit the Mainstream?
- Apple & Nokia See Deeper Partnership
- iPhone Still Apple's Cash Cow Despite Declining Sales
- The Smartphone Afterlife
- Smartphone Market Not a Two-Horse Race
- The Perfect Holiday Shopping Assistant
- Must-use Security Features on Your iPhone
- Benefits of Learning How to Use Your Smartphone Camera
- Questions to Ask Before You Buy a New Smartphone
- Benefits and Features to Look For When Buying a Smartphone
- What Data Plan is Right For You?
- Make a Smarter Upgrade
- iPhone 6s Tips and Tricks
- How to Find Free Wi-Fi
- Pros and Cons of Portable Smartphone Chargers
- What is the Right Age to Give a Kid a Smartphone?
- The Best Ways to Make Your Phone Work for Your Family
- The Best (Indestructible) Phones for Kids
- Best Parental Controls for Mobile Devices
- Turn Your Smartphone Into a Projector
- What Do Cell Phone Carriers Know?
- Texting While Driving Dangers Denial
- Are Free Phone Apps Costing You Your Privacy?
- Mobile Device Adoption: Targeting the Next 50 Percent
- Why Mobile Is Such a Big Deal for Big Data
- 11 Tips for Mobile Software Development
- Putting Mobile Developers to the Test
- The Cell Phone Turns 40
- Smart phones: It's Now the Age of the Thumb
- Google Fears Samsung's Android OS dominance
- Apple iWatch Could Be Unveiled This Year
- Galaxy S4 Rumors Continue to Dominate Smartphone News
- Smartphones to Finally Outnumber Feature Phones this Year
- Future Smart Devices Will Extend Our Senses
- Mobile Technology Trends: Give Your Apps a Voice
- Mobile Apps and Accessibility
- Is Apple's iOS Fragmenting?
- Why Wireless Needs a Network of Networks
Article: Copyright © 2017 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.