Chinese Smartphone Players
by Felix Richter (Statista)
A look at the manufacturers that dominate the Chinese smartphone market.
According to data published by Counterpoint Research, the Chinese smartphone market grew 4 percent in the first three months of 2017.
The growth in unit shipments was mainly fueled by domestic players such as Oppo, vivo and Huawei who outpaced the market by a significant margin. Meanwhile, global market leaders Samsung and Apple failed to reach previous heights as both companies suffered double-digit sales declines.
The chart above shows the most successful smartphone vendors in China based on unit shipments in Q1 2017.
- Do Not Break Your iPhone
- Smartphone Prices Trending Upwards
- iPhone X Steals the Show
- What The iPhone X Costs Around The World
- Mobile Data: Who's Using The Most
- Smartphones Cause Photography Boom
- Most iPhone Users Never Look Back
- The iPhone Price Index
- Most Used Devices
- Africans Never Hung Up on Nokia Brick
- Smartphone Addiction Tightens Its Global Grip
- Teens and Their Smartphones
- The (Still) Limited Reach of Apple Pay
- Chinese Smartphone Players
- Landline Phones Are a Dying Breed
- When Will 5G Hit the Mainstream?
- Apple & Nokia See Deeper Partnership
- iPhone Still Apple's Cash Cow Despite Declining Sales
- The Smartphone Afterlife
- Smartphone Market Not a Two-Horse Race
- The Perfect Holiday Shopping Assistant
- Must-use Security Features on Your iPhone
- Benefits of Learning How to Use Your Smartphone Camera
- Questions to Ask Before You Buy a New Smartphone
- Benefits and Features to Look For When Buying a Smartphone
- What Data Plan is Right For You?
- Make a Smarter Upgrade
- iPhone 6s Tips and Tricks
- How to Find Free Wi-Fi
- Pros and Cons of Portable Smartphone Chargers
- What is the Right Age to Give a Kid a Smartphone?
- The Best Ways to Make Your Phone Work for Your Family
- The Best (Indestructible) Phones for Kids
- Best Parental Controls for Mobile Devices
- Turn Your Smartphone Into a Projector
- What Do Cell Phone Carriers Know?
- Texting While Driving Dangers Denial
- Are Free Phone Apps Costing You Your Privacy?
- Mobile Device Adoption: Targeting the Next 50 Percent
- Why Mobile Is Such a Big Deal for Big Data
- 11 Tips for Mobile Software Development
- Putting Mobile Developers to the Test
- The Cell Phone Turns 40
- Smart phones: It's Now the Age of the Thumb
- Google Fears Samsung's Android OS dominance
- Apple iWatch Could Be Unveiled This Year
- Galaxy S4 Rumors Continue to Dominate Smartphone News
- Smartphones to Finally Outnumber Feature Phones this Year
- Future Smart Devices Will Extend Our Senses
- Mobile Technology Trends: Give Your Apps a Voice
- Mobile Apps and Accessibility
- Is Apple's iOS Fragmenting?
- Why Wireless Needs a Network of Networks