How to Find Free Wi-Fi
by Cian Laurence
We’ve all been there. Desperately in need of WiFi for work, for directions, for anything and everything, and it being nowhere to be found. As smartphones and gadgets have become an essential part of our day-to-day routines, we have become dependent on their capabilities to keep us functioning. Without access, we may feel cut off from society, if not the world. While open WiFi networks and hotspots are available at many restaurants, cafes, buses, and even subways, it’s good to know how to get WiFi access when you find yourself unable to connect.
Here are the top available apps that allow you to see and connect to free networks while you’re on the go.
This is our number one pick for a reason. Free Wi-Fi Map, from your current location, identifies all available open connections in that area and places them on your Google maps. The app has a database of passwords for certain connections which require them; they also encourage all new members to fill in new or blocked Wi-Fi networks that they may know in the area. This app also has cheap travel tips and route planning, which is shareable with your friends. This is a must-have for anyone who struggles with their connection on the go.
This app is great for finding free internet connections not only locally but also internationally. It remembers regularly visited connections and allows you to build your favorite spots that connect once you enter those specific Wi-Fi zones. This app is great for execs and those who frequently travel and need readily accessible internet.
Osmino uncovers a massive amount of hotspots and free Wi-Fi networks and places them on your smartphone maps so you can connect while you are on the go. This app also allows users to rate and review the networks on their speed and ease of connectivity that helps new users see which connections are the best for quick and easy access. Like the above apps, Osmino is free to download but covered in annoying ads, which can disrupt your search. However, those ads can be removed if you do not mind paying for the app, which, in this blogger’s opinion, is well worth the dollar.
Not to be confused with the above mentioned Free Wi-Fi Map, this app works based off your Google maps to pinpoint open internet connections near you and also generates how long until you get into their range. This app is absolutely ideal for someone who needs to know the nearest Wi-Fi spot as quick as possible without all the extra bells and whistles.
Sometimes it’s hard to plan when we will need an Internet connection. Find out which of the above apps suit your needs best to ensure you are never left stuck without internet access while on the go again.
Cian Laurence, a Brooklyn-based writer hailing from Dublin, has a passion for technology & apps and uses free Wi-Fi whenever it's available.
- Do Not Break Your iPhone
- Smartphone Prices Trending Upwards
- iPhone X Steals the Show
- What The iPhone X Costs Around The World
- Mobile Data: Who's Using The Most
- Smartphones Cause Photography Boom
- Most iPhone Users Never Look Back
- The iPhone Price Index
- Most Used Devices
- Africans Never Hung Up on Nokia Brick
- Smartphone Addiction Tightens Its Global Grip
- Teens and Their Smartphones
- The (Still) Limited Reach of Apple Pay
- Chinese Smartphone Players
- Landline Phones Are a Dying Breed
- When Will 5G Hit the Mainstream?
- Apple & Nokia See Deeper Partnership
- iPhone Still Apple's Cash Cow Despite Declining Sales
- The Smartphone Afterlife
- Smartphone Market Not a Two-Horse Race
- The Perfect Holiday Shopping Assistant
- Must-use Security Features on Your iPhone
- Benefits of Learning How to Use Your Smartphone Camera
- Questions to Ask Before You Buy a New Smartphone
- Benefits and Features to Look For When Buying a Smartphone
- What Data Plan is Right For You?
- Make a Smarter Upgrade
- iPhone 6s Tips and Tricks
- How to Find Free Wi-Fi
- Pros and Cons of Portable Smartphone Chargers
- What is the Right Age to Give a Kid a Smartphone?
- The Best Ways to Make Your Phone Work for Your Family
- The Best (Indestructible) Phones for Kids
- Best Parental Controls for Mobile Devices
- Turn Your Smartphone Into a Projector
- What Do Cell Phone Carriers Know?
- Texting While Driving Dangers Denial
- Are Free Phone Apps Costing You Your Privacy?
- Mobile Device Adoption: Targeting the Next 50 Percent
- Why Mobile Is Such a Big Deal for Big Data
- 11 Tips for Mobile Software Development
- Putting Mobile Developers to the Test
- The Cell Phone Turns 40
- Smart phones: It's Now the Age of the Thumb
- Google Fears Samsung's Android OS dominance
- Apple iWatch Could Be Unveiled This Year
- Galaxy S4 Rumors Continue to Dominate Smartphone News
- Smartphones to Finally Outnumber Feature Phones this Year
- Future Smart Devices Will Extend Our Senses
- Mobile Technology Trends: Give Your Apps a Voice
- Mobile Apps and Accessibility
- Is Apple's iOS Fragmenting?
- Why Wireless Needs a Network of Networks
Article: Copyright © 2017 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.