Pros and Cons of Portable Smartphone Chargers
by Milvian Prieto
For times when I’m constantly on the go, a portable charger for me is a must-have. According to a recent study, people in the United States across all age groups check their phones 46 times per day. As an avid smartphone user, the most traumatizing time of my life is when my phone battery dwindles down to a meager 5% and there is no power outlet in sight.
Portable chargers are an easy solution to avoid any situation when your cell phone is out of juice and you’ve got a long way to go until you make it to a charger.
Advantages and disadvantages of using a portable charger:
Portable Smartphone Charger Advantages
The best thing about these chargers is that they are in fact, portable. Whether you’re commuting to the office or on a long flight with no access to an outlet, these chargers are ideal to use. Put it in your bag or in your pocket and let your phone charge.
Chargers come with a built-in USB port and can easily connect to any cable with the appropriate ends. Whether you have an iPhone or Android, the USB port provides compatibility with almost any device.
With a wide variety of brands, colors and sizes, you can find a portable charger at a decent price. They are priced reasonably (average from $8-$20), which won’t put a hole in your wallet. However, the price of higher quality portable chargers can rise up to a few hundred dollars.
Portable Smartphone Charger Disadvantages
Needs To Be Charged
The portable charger itself is a battery and requires charging. So if you frequent using one, you can be sure to add the portable charger, along with any other accessories (tablet, smartphone and laptop) to the list of things that need to be charged.
Battery Gets Drained
A lot of people tend to connect their device to a portable charger when charging is not necessary. It is recommended to only charge your phone when your battery has little to no juice left. In this case, when connecting your phone to a portable charger when it isn’t crucial, your battery tends to drain faster causing your phone’s battery life to go down.
If the portable charger is not conveniently sized, it may be difficult to put in your pocket or carry around with ease. A bulky portable charger may add some extra load to your bag causing some inconvenience.
When deciding to purchase a portable charger, take these advantages and disadvantages into consideration. Whether you’re out all evening or on a long commute, portable chargers are a must-have especially when you’re constantly on the go. Spend time researching what works best for your particular lifestyle.
Milvian Prieto, a New Jersey-based writer, is on a quest to find the best apps that benefit 20-somethings and young families. She loves learning about technology and the way it impacts our lives.
- Do Not Break Your iPhone
- Smartphone Prices Trending Upwards
- iPhone X Steals the Show
- What The iPhone X Costs Around The World
- Mobile Data: Who's Using The Most
- Smartphones Cause Photography Boom
- Most iPhone Users Never Look Back
- The iPhone Price Index
- Most Used Devices
- Africans Never Hung Up on Nokia Brick
- Smartphone Addiction Tightens Its Global Grip
- Teens and Their Smartphones
- The (Still) Limited Reach of Apple Pay
- Chinese Smartphone Players
- Landline Phones Are a Dying Breed
- When Will 5G Hit the Mainstream?
- Apple & Nokia See Deeper Partnership
- iPhone Still Apple's Cash Cow Despite Declining Sales
- The Smartphone Afterlife
- Smartphone Market Not a Two-Horse Race
- The Perfect Holiday Shopping Assistant
- Must-use Security Features on Your iPhone
- Benefits of Learning How to Use Your Smartphone Camera
- Questions to Ask Before You Buy a New Smartphone
- Benefits and Features to Look For When Buying a Smartphone
- What Data Plan is Right For You?
- Make a Smarter Upgrade
- iPhone 6s Tips and Tricks
- How to Find Free Wi-Fi
- Pros and Cons of Portable Smartphone Chargers
- What is the Right Age to Give a Kid a Smartphone?
- The Best Ways to Make Your Phone Work for Your Family
- The Best (Indestructible) Phones for Kids
- Best Parental Controls for Mobile Devices
- Turn Your Smartphone Into a Projector
- What Do Cell Phone Carriers Know?
- Texting While Driving Dangers Denial
- Are Free Phone Apps Costing You Your Privacy?
- Mobile Device Adoption: Targeting the Next 50 Percent
- Why Mobile Is Such a Big Deal for Big Data
- 11 Tips for Mobile Software Development
- Putting Mobile Developers to the Test
- The Cell Phone Turns 40
- Smart phones: It's Now the Age of the Thumb
- Google Fears Samsung's Android OS dominance
- Apple iWatch Could Be Unveiled This Year
- Galaxy S4 Rumors Continue to Dominate Smartphone News
- Smartphones to Finally Outnumber Feature Phones this Year
- Future Smart Devices Will Extend Our Senses
- Mobile Technology Trends: Give Your Apps a Voice
- Mobile Apps and Accessibility
- Is Apple's iOS Fragmenting?
- Why Wireless Needs a Network of Networks
Article: Copyright © 2017 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.