Questions to Ask Before You Buy a New Smartphone
by Bev Bachel
I dropped my smartphone and shattered the screen a few weeks ago. Yikes! Even though I wasn’t itching to buy a whole new phone — mine wasn’t even six months old — I did consider it. I wondered if my hard-earned cash might be better spent on a completely new device rather than a new screen.
While I ended up opting for a new screen, I did so only after doing my homework. In the process, I was reminded once again that buying a new phone isn’t about finding the perfect phone, but about finding the perfect phone for you.
Here are three questions that can help:
No. 1: Are you a talker, a typer, a reader or a watcher?
When I bought my Samsung Galaxy several years back, I used it mostly to read work-related emails and texts from family and friends. By the time I was ready to upgrade, I was using it mostly to read books and watch Netflix. Understanding my evolving needs led me to choose an iPhone next.
No. 2: Do you carry your phone in a pocket or a purse?
While I love my larger screen, my new smartphone doesn’t always fit in my pocket. That’s not a big deal for me because I almost always carry a purse, but it is for most guys I know — and might be for you.
No. 3: What apps do you need for work?
Most of us use our phones for both work and play. Increasingly, workplaces require apps for productivity — whether it be a customer relations management tool, an expense management tool, or even a presentation app. So make sure your new phone — whether Android or iOS — can be easily loaded with the apps you’re required (or would like) to use to stay on top of your workload.
Freelance writer Bev Bachel lives in Minneapolis and uses her phone to talk, text and email friends and family around the world. She’s the author of What Do You Really Want? How to Set a Goal and Go For It!
- Do Not Break Your iPhone
- Smartphone Prices Trending Upwards
- iPhone X Steals the Show
- What The iPhone X Costs Around The World
- Mobile Data: Who's Using The Most
- Smartphones Cause Photography Boom
- Most iPhone Users Never Look Back
- The iPhone Price Index
- Most Used Devices
- Africans Never Hung Up on Nokia Brick
- Smartphone Addiction Tightens Its Global Grip
- Teens and Their Smartphones
- The (Still) Limited Reach of Apple Pay
- Chinese Smartphone Players
- Landline Phones Are a Dying Breed
- When Will 5G Hit the Mainstream?
- Apple & Nokia See Deeper Partnership
- iPhone Still Apple's Cash Cow Despite Declining Sales
- The Smartphone Afterlife
- Smartphone Market Not a Two-Horse Race
- The Perfect Holiday Shopping Assistant
- Must-use Security Features on Your iPhone
- Benefits of Learning How to Use Your Smartphone Camera
- Questions to Ask Before You Buy a New Smartphone
- Benefits and Features to Look For When Buying a Smartphone
- What Data Plan is Right For You?
- Make a Smarter Upgrade
- iPhone 6s Tips and Tricks
- How to Find Free Wi-Fi
- Pros and Cons of Portable Smartphone Chargers
- What is the Right Age to Give a Kid a Smartphone?
- The Best Ways to Make Your Phone Work for Your Family
- The Best (Indestructible) Phones for Kids
- Best Parental Controls for Mobile Devices
- Turn Your Smartphone Into a Projector
- What Do Cell Phone Carriers Know?
- Texting While Driving Dangers Denial
- Are Free Phone Apps Costing You Your Privacy?
- Mobile Device Adoption: Targeting the Next 50 Percent
- Why Mobile Is Such a Big Deal for Big Data
- 11 Tips for Mobile Software Development
- Putting Mobile Developers to the Test
- The Cell Phone Turns 40
- Smart phones: It's Now the Age of the Thumb
- Google Fears Samsung's Android OS dominance
- Apple iWatch Could Be Unveiled This Year
- Galaxy S4 Rumors Continue to Dominate Smartphone News
- Smartphones to Finally Outnumber Feature Phones this Year
- Future Smart Devices Will Extend Our Senses
- Mobile Technology Trends: Give Your Apps a Voice
- Mobile Apps and Accessibility
- Is Apple's iOS Fragmenting?
- Why Wireless Needs a Network of Networks
Article: Copyright © 2017 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.