Samsung officially unveiled the Galaxy Note 8.0 at the Mobile World Congress in Spain. Two months ago, JK Shin, President of the IT & Mobile Communications Division at Samsung Electronics., confirmed the company was in works on the tablet.
Shin looked back at the evolution of the Galaxy tablet since 2010.
"Back in 2010 the launch of the first Samsung GALAXY Tab with 7 inch screen opened a new chapter in the mobile industry. Now almost three years later, Samsung continues to evolve the sector that meets the demands of modern life," Shin added.
The Galaxy Note 8.0 is an 8-inch tablet featuring a 1,280 x 800 TFT display. Its hardware has an Exynos 4 Quad processor with 2GB internal RAM and up to 32GB internal storage.
"The GALAXY Note 8.0 breathes fresh life into the category as it delivers the perfect fusion of portability and everyday productivity - the result is a pioneering, pocket-sized solution that enhances and enriches our everyday lives, whether at work or play," Shin added.
The Note 8.0 will ship with the S Pen. Once users remove the pen from the device, the Note 8.0 will launch applications compatible with the pen. It will also feature a 5-megapixel camera and ship with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
The Note 8.0 will be available in the second quarter of this year and it'll go head-to-head with Apple's iPad mini.
Here is the Samsung Galaxy Note 8. A comfortable 8-inch tablet, with a elegantly simple design a better stylus support than previous iterations
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 adds new features to its comfortable, elegant, 8-inch design
- Cloud Computing: Cost, Efficiency and Security
- The Internet Racket
- The Cell Phone Turns 40
- Tablets to Overtake Smartphones as Most Used Mobile Device for Browsing
- Smartphone and tablet users watch more movies on average
- Bill Gates Talks Tech and Philanthropy
- Yahoo Shuts Down Several Projects
- Pinterest Could Soon be Second Most Used Social Network
- Do You Take This Smartphone for Better or Worse?
- Microsoft experiences cyberattack; employee computers affected
- Android targeted by malware and cybercriminals
- Google's Project Glass to become more stylish
- HP Shifting from PC Manufacturing to Tablets
- Microsoft Windows Blue to have added search functionality
- Google Fears Samsung's Android OS dominance
- Apple iWatch Could Be Unveiled This Year
- Galaxy S4 Rumors Continue to Dominate Smartphone News
- Smartphones to Finally Outnumber Feature Phones this Year
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 to go head-to-head against iPad Mini
- The Death of Depth
- Future Smart Devices Will Extend Our Senses
- Google Offers Virtual Hike Through the Grand Canyon
- Facebook Fasting
- Facebook 'Unfriending' Triggers Real-life Consequences
- Report Highlights Economic Threat of Hacking
- Twitter Hit by Cyber Attack
- Best New Tech For Moms At The Consumer Electronics Show
- CES 2013 Tech Gadgets
- Will Robots Steal Your Job?
- Top Tech at CES 2013
- Wearable Tech Takes CES 2013 by Storm
- Web Gadgets in United States Outnumber Americans
(c) 2013 AHN - All Rights Reserved, "Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 to go head-to-head against iPad Mini"