America's Craft Beer Capitals
by Niall McCarthy
The number of microbreweries per 100,000 inhabitants and in total across US cities
The United States now has more breweries and brewpubs in operation than at any point in the last century, according to research from Smartasset.
Portland, Oregon is one of the main hubs of America's craft beer revolution, boasting an impressive 68 microbrewries. However, when it comes to breweries per capita, a different Portland steals the nation's craft beer crown.
Portland, Maine has 17 microbreweries up and running in a city of just under 67,000 people. That equates to 25.5 breweries per 100,000 people. Boulder, Colorado and Asheville, North Carolina come second and third with 21.9 and 21.6 breweries per 100,000 inhabitants respectively. Portland Oregon comes sixth with 11 breweries per 100,000 citizens.
The chart above shows the number of microbreweries per 100,000 inhabitants and in total across US cities.
- A United States - Russia Oil Showdown?
- Time to Speak Up Ladies
- Is America's National Security Strategy Better?
- The Real Spirit of Giving
- The Thucydides Trap: A Distorted Compass
- US and British Foreign Policy from One Regime Change to Another
- Trump's Looming Hard Line on China
- Firearms Background Checks Are Surging
- America's Most Dangerous Cities For Cyclists
- What America Is Snacking On
- Is Life Better Or Worse Than 50 Years Ago?
- Jobs Under Threat From Automation
- Christmas in America
- Americans Top Fears
- Police Budgets In Key U.S. Cities
- Police Deaths Spiked Last Year
- Mass Shootings in America
- Worst Mass Shootings in America
- Guns: The Armed States of America
- America's Racial Wealth Gap
- Trump's Proposed Tax Reform
- On The Warpath with North Korea?
- DACA: Who Are America's 'Dreamers'?
- Policing and Public Relations
- America's Cleanest Cities
- Immigrant Population at Record Highs
- States Benefiting Most From NAFTA
- America's Standing in the World
- American News Credibility Poll
- Military Spending on the Rise Again
- America's Best Large Employers
- Putin's Russia in Biggest Arctic Military Push Since Soviet Fall
- Could America Run Out of Dogs?
- Instability, Quagmire, & Peace
- The Fastest Disappearing Jobs
- The Dangers of Big Philanthropy
- The Pentagon's $125-Billion Cover-up
- Local Courts in the United States
- Americans Think Fake News Has an Impact
- The Year of 'Post-Truth'
- Only 5 Countries Have A Bigger GDP Than California
- Where It's Legal To Smoke Marijuana
- Drugs Killing More Americans Than Road Crashes
- America's Craft Beer Capitals
- Why Our Kids Are Coming in Last Place
- Black Youth and Elusive Freedom
- Hidden Victims of Terrorism: Muslim Women in America
- Fighting Racism Where White Workers Are Hurting, Too
United States: "America's Craft Beer Capitals"