Locations with the Highest Gas Prices
by Nick Selbe
Nothing brings you down more than having to fill up your gas tank. Using data from the Council for Community and Economic Research, CareerTrends found the 50 locations with the highest gas prices.
The cost of gas in the U.S. is in a constant state of flux. The average price per gallon jumped by 9 cents in the past two weeks to $2.27 a gallon, likely a result of the hike in oil prices, according to the Washington Post.
Many people pay even more at the pump, and CareerTrends found the 50 locations with the highest gas prices in 2015. The data comes from the Council for Community and Economic Research's Cost of Living Index. The list features the cost of one gallon of regular unleaded gas from a national brand, including all taxes.
At the top of the list are cities -- such as San Diego and San Francisco -- in which the cost of living is generally high, and these states tend to have high gas taxes. California features nine cities on the list, and all of them are in the top 21 -- including five in the top 10.
Note: In the event of ties, the location with the largest population was ranked higher on the list.
- A United States - Russia Oil Showdown?
- Time to Speak Up Ladies
- Is America's National Security Strategy Better?
- The Real Spirit of Giving
- The Thucydides Trap: A Distorted Compass
- US and British Foreign Policy from One Regime Change to Another
- Trump's Looming Hard Line on China
- Firearms Background Checks Are Surging
- America's Most Dangerous Cities For Cyclists
- What America Is Snacking On
- Is Life Better Or Worse Than 50 Years Ago?
- Jobs Under Threat From Automation
- Christmas in America
- Americans Top Fears
- Police Budgets In Key U.S. Cities
- Police Deaths Spiked Last Year
- Mass Shootings in America
- Worst Mass Shootings in America
- Guns: The Armed States of America
- America's Racial Wealth Gap
- Trump's Proposed Tax Reform
- On The Warpath with North Korea?
- DACA: Who Are America's 'Dreamers'?
- Policing and Public Relations
- America's Cleanest Cities
- Immigrant Population at Record Highs
- States Benefiting Most From NAFTA
- America's Standing in the World
- American News Credibility Poll
- Military Spending on the Rise Again
- America's Best Large Employers
- Putin's Russia in Biggest Arctic Military Push Since Soviet Fall
- Could America Run Out of Dogs?
- Instability, Quagmire, & Peace
- The Fastest Disappearing Jobs
- The Dangers of Big Philanthropy
- The Pentagon's $125-Billion Cover-up
- Local Courts in the United States
- Americans Think Fake News Has an Impact
- The Year of 'Post-Truth'
- Only 5 Countries Have A Bigger GDP Than California
- Where It's Legal To Smoke Marijuana
- Drugs Killing More Americans Than Road Crashes
- America's Craft Beer Capitals
- Why Our Kids Are Coming in Last Place
- Black Youth and Elusive Freedom
- Hidden Victims of Terrorism: Muslim Women in America
- Fighting Racism Where White Workers Are Hurting, Too
United States: "Locations with the Highest Gas Prices"