On The Warpath with North Korea?
by Martin Armstrong (Statista)
Against the backdrop of threats of total destruction and claims of war declaration, military action by the U.S. in North Korea is looking as likely as it has for many years. What though, do American citizens think about the situation?
In total, 58 percent of U.S. adults would be behind an armed offensive on the Korean Peninsula. When split down party lines, a huge 82 percent of Republicans support action, compared to 37 percent of Democrats.
In his first major speech at the United Nations, United States President Trump said that If his country "is forced to defend itself or its allies, we will have no choice but to totally destroy North Korea". As tensions approach boiling point, a poll by Gallup sheds light on how the American public feel about the recent escalations in rhetoric coming out of Washington.
Perhaps unsurprisingly, the share of Republicans sharing the view of their president is much higher than that of Democrats. An overwhelming majority of GOP supporters, 82 percent, feel that military action is the way to go should diplomatic and economic efforts fail to yield results. In total, 58 percent of U.S. adults would be behind an armed offensive on the Korean Peninsula.
Majority of Americans Support Military Action in North Korea
- A United States - Russia Oil Showdown?
- Time to Speak Up Ladies
- Is America's National Security Strategy Better?
- The Real Spirit of Giving
- The Thucydides Trap: A Distorted Compass
- US and British Foreign Policy from One Regime Change to Another
- Trump's Looming Hard Line on China
- Firearms Background Checks Are Surging
- America's Most Dangerous Cities For Cyclists
- What America Is Snacking On
- Is Life Better Or Worse Than 50 Years Ago?
- Jobs Under Threat From Automation
- Christmas in America
- Americans Top Fears
- Police Budgets In Key U.S. Cities
- Police Deaths Spiked Last Year
- Mass Shootings in America
- Worst Mass Shootings in America
- Guns: The Armed States of America
- America's Racial Wealth Gap
- Trump's Proposed Tax Reform
- On The Warpath with North Korea?
- DACA: Who Are America's 'Dreamers'?
- Policing and Public Relations
- America's Cleanest Cities
- Immigrant Population at Record Highs
- States Benefiting Most From NAFTA
- America's Standing in the World
- American News Credibility Poll
- Military Spending on the Rise Again
- America's Best Large Employers
- Putin's Russia in Biggest Arctic Military Push Since Soviet Fall
- Could America Run Out of Dogs?
- Instability, Quagmire, & Peace
- The Fastest Disappearing Jobs
- The Dangers of Big Philanthropy
- The Pentagon's $125-Billion Cover-up
- Local Courts in the United States
- Americans Think Fake News Has an Impact
- The Year of 'Post-Truth'
- Only 5 Countries Have A Bigger GDP Than California
- Where It's Legal To Smoke Marijuana
- Drugs Killing More Americans Than Road Crashes
- America's Craft Beer Capitals
- Why Our Kids Are Coming in Last Place
- Black Youth and Elusive Freedom
- Hidden Victims of Terrorism: Muslim Women in America
- Fighting Racism Where White Workers Are Hurting, Too
United States: "On The Warpath with North Korea? "