Worst Mass Shootings in America
by Dyfed Loesche (Statista)
The Las Vegas strip shooting was the worst such incident in United States history. Here's the top 11 worst shooting incidents in recent Amercian history.
58 people have died at a country music festival when an assailant opened fire from a hotel room overlooking the venue. More than 530 people were injured in the attack and the ensuing chaos.
Las Vegas police reported that a single gunman opened fire on concertgoers attending the Route 91 Harvest Country Music Festival from his hotel room on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino on the Las Vegas Strip.
The gunman was identified as Stephen Paddock, 64, of Mesquite, Nevada. They said he acted alone. Investigators said they found 47 firearms in three locations, including Paddock's room at Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino and his home.
Only last year, a similar such incident occurred at a night club in Orlando, Florida, where 49 people lost their lives in a mass shooting.
- A United States - Russia Oil Showdown?
- Time to Speak Up Ladies
- Is America's National Security Strategy Better?
- The Real Spirit of Giving
- The Thucydides Trap: A Distorted Compass
- US and British Foreign Policy from One Regime Change to Another
- Trump's Looming Hard Line on China
- Firearms Background Checks Are Surging
- America's Most Dangerous Cities For Cyclists
- What America Is Snacking On
- Is Life Better Or Worse Than 50 Years Ago?
- Jobs Under Threat From Automation
- Christmas in America
- Americans Top Fears
- Police Budgets In Key U.S. Cities
- Police Deaths Spiked Last Year
- Mass Shootings in America
- Worst Mass Shootings in America
- Guns: The Armed States of America
- America's Racial Wealth Gap
- Trump's Proposed Tax Reform
- On The Warpath with North Korea?
- DACA: Who Are America's 'Dreamers'?
- Policing and Public Relations
- America's Cleanest Cities
- Immigrant Population at Record Highs
- States Benefiting Most From NAFTA
- America's Standing in the World
- American News Credibility Poll
- Military Spending on the Rise Again
- America's Best Large Employers
- Putin's Russia in Biggest Arctic Military Push Since Soviet Fall
- Could America Run Out of Dogs?
- Instability, Quagmire, & Peace
- The Fastest Disappearing Jobs
- The Dangers of Big Philanthropy
- The Pentagon's $125-Billion Cover-up
- Local Courts in the United States
- Americans Think Fake News Has an Impact
- The Year of 'Post-Truth'
- Only 5 Countries Have A Bigger GDP Than California
- Where It's Legal To Smoke Marijuana
- Drugs Killing More Americans Than Road Crashes
- America's Craft Beer Capitals
- Why Our Kids Are Coming in Last Place
- Black Youth and Elusive Freedom
- Hidden Victims of Terrorism: Muslim Women in America
- Fighting Racism Where White Workers Are Hurting, Too
United States: "Worst Mass Shootings in America "