'Disney Epic Mickey'
John Gaudiosi, Crispy Gamer
'Disney Epic Mickey'
There’s an epic adventure for gamers to experience with Mickey Mouse in "Disney Epic Mickey."
The man behind some of the most innovative role-playing adventures in gaming, including "Deus Ex," "System Shock" and "Thief," has been working to bring
"Oswald could remove his head and use it as a bowling ball, he could break up into dozens of versions of himself, he could use his ears as a bat or as oars on a boat," said Spector. "He was a force of chaos. He also loved the ladies, which is one reason why there are 420 baby bunnies that players will contend with in the new game."
Ultimately, a legal contract severed Walt from his creation and
"Disney Epic Mickey" is Spector's 20th game and he's bringing all of the things he's learned over the decades to the table. Wasteland serves as the world in peril that Mickey, as the hero, must ultimately save. Along the way, he'll have to battle many villains from classic
"Gamers expect and deserve something they've never seen before in every game they play," said Spector. "We've created a game in which your play style matters. Every choice you make in this game has consequences. We give players paint and paint thinner to literally change the environments, objects and even characters in the world. How a player decides to use these tools will make his or her experience unique."
While there are plenty of intricate decisions to play through, like painting a gear to open a door or erasing a door jam to have that door fall to the ground; players will also face more serious choices. "Disney Epic Mickey" allows players to make decisions that will also alter Mickey, as he must make decisions like choosing to save a gremlin's life or unlock a rich bounty of in-game treasure.
"I saw a player figure out how to do both, which everyone on my team thought was impossible," recalled Spector. "I've seen all kinds of things. A couple of programmers had a competition to see how far they could go through the game without using paint. There's one point where Mickey has to use paint and the programmer got past it. If you're clever and creative, you can actually create your own experience. For most developers, that would be a bug. But for me and my team, that's a call for celebration -- you showing us how cleaver and creative you are."
While Mickey has remained a mainstay in the
"If I were making a movie, it would be me telling you what Mickey is like," said Spector. "If were writing a comic book, it would be me deciding how Mickey acts. Allowing players to decide for themselves -- that's the power of gaming. As soon as you make that investment, if you spend several hours of your life being
There's an epic adventure for gamers to experience with Mickey and Oswald. It took Spector 26 hours to play through his new game, and that's not even including all of the hidden pins and other objects that are packed into this game. Players will be able to experience a new Mickey, learn about his long lost brother, and, Spector hopes, learn something about the history of
Available at Amazon.com:
Videogaming & Video Game Reviews
- 'Disney Epic Mickey'
- 'Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light'
- 'Ace Combat: Air Assault'
- 'Game Dev. Story'
- Epic Games Unveils 'Gears of War 3' Multiplayer Details
- 'Castlevania: Lords of Shadow'
- 'Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1'
- 'Amnesia: The Dark Descent'
- 'Enslaved: Odyssey to the West'
- 'Valkyria Chronicles II'
- 'Dead Rising 2'
- 'Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep'
- 'Halo: Reach'
- 'Mafia II'
- 'Scott Pilgrim' vs. Its Video Game References
- 'Madden 11'
- 'Metroid: Other M'
- 'Scott Pilgrim vs. The Games'
- Burn Zombie Burn
- Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: The Game
- Starcraft 2
- Dolby's Axon Software
- What Video Games Could Teach
- Valkyria Chronicles II
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
- Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
- Clash of the Titans
- Alien Spawn
- Halo: Combat Evolved - Failure is an Option
- Sin and Punishment: Star Successor
- Medal of Honor
- ModNation Racers
- 3D Dot Heroes
- The Sims 3: Ambitions
- Lost Planet 2
- Star Trek Online
- Coming of Age in Video Games
- Putting Down Video Games And Picking Them Back Up Again
- Government Should Stop Kids From Buying Violent Video Games
- Video Games Don't Cause Children to be Violent
- 'Monster Hunter Tri' (Wii)
- 'Dead to Rights: Retribution' (Xbox 360)
- Deus Ex Focuses on the Play
- 'Sam & Max Season 3: The Penal Zone'
- Sleep is Death
- 'FarmVille': A Love Story
- 'Battlefield: Bad Company 2'
- 'Assassin's Creed II: Bonfire of the Vanities'
- Assassin's Creed II - Xbox 360
- 'Avatar: The Game'
- 'WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010' - Xbox 360
- NCAA Basketball 10 - PS3
- Disney Jonas - DS
- 'God of War' Collection - PS3
- How to Beat the Hydra in 'God of War' - PS3
- 'Left 4 Dead 2' - Xbox 360
Video Games: 'Disney Epic Mickey'
COPYRIGHT (C) 2010 CRISPY GAMER. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. DISTRIBUTED BY TRIBUNE MEDIA SERVICES, INC.
Your Favorite Comic Strips Online
Your favorite comics strips Animal Crackers, Annie, Bound & Gagged, Brenda Starr, Brewster Rockit: Space Guy, Broom-Hilda, Dick Tracy, Gasoline Alley, Gil Thorp, Housebroken, Loose Parts, The Middletons, Pink Panther, Raising Hector, Sylvia, 9 to 5, Bliss, Bottom Liners, Love Is..., Pluggers all online at ComicStripNation.com