'Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Patriots'
Video Game Review: 'Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Patriots'
New terrorist threat erupts in 'Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Patriots'
Ubisoft has done extremely well when it comes to the Tom Clancy video game franchise over the years. "Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6" franchise has sold more than 25 million copies worldwide. And this was long before the current stalwarts like "Battlefield 3" and "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3" dominated the shooter genre.
The "Rainbow 6" games are known for depicting high-tech counterterrorist operations set within Tom Clancy's game world. Shipping in 2012 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC, "Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Patriots" revolves around a dynamic single-player storyline that captures the reality of modern-day terrorism and allows players to experience it from multiple characters' perspectives.
Team Rainbow faces a new and very real threat called the True Patriots, a highly trained, well-organized group of militias. The True Patriots are capitalizing on the growing sense of frustration and anger in a modern day America that they feel is irrevocably corrupted by greedy politicians and corporate special interests.
Lead by a calculating figurehead named Tredway, this grassroots, homespun, terrorist organization will stop at nothing to overthrow the government and financial institutions to reclaim their country. Players will take on the role of a new Team Rainbow member as they face critical scenarios that will require them to make tough ethical decisions to stop this new breed of terrorists.
"Terrorism has evolved, and so has Rainbow 6. In 'Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Patriots,' all the team play, tactics, and realism that fans of the series love have been coupled with an exciting new narrative direction," said
Developed by Ubisoft Montreal with the support of Ubisoft Toronto and
As the leader of a new squad, players will wrestle with difficult ethical decisions and determine if the doing-whatever-it-takes mentality is needed to stop the enemy.
With the press of one button, the Rainbow squad will perform the most efficient and deadly tactic given the context of the situation. When extreme measures are required, or when players call for it, you can take full control of your squad to plan the perfect assault.
The game's combat techniques have been pushed to the next level with cover and weapon systems redesigned to accommodate every situation. New Rappel and Breach mechanics are now enriched with multiple techniques including Wall & Ceiling Breach, Fast Rope Rappel, inverted Aussie Style Rappel and Infiltrate & Subdue, just to name a few.
Players will be rewarded for working as a team and mastering the game's new features that enhance communication and tactical execution among unit members. One such feature found in the pre-game online lobby is the Sandtable, a holographic display that helps acquaint players with the level maps before they jump into the action. This will help players strategically coordinate attacks and add a new dimension to squad tactics.
Gamers can utilize the game's new Scan mode to strategically breach and infiltrate areas. This new tool will provide a thermal read on the situation, allowing you to determine the squad's best course to overwhelm and defeat enemies.
'Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Patriots'
- 'Fusion: Genesis' (Xbox Live Arcade)
- 'Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Patriots'
- Fourth 'FIFA Street' Game Breaks from Its Past
- 'NASCAR Unleashed'
- 'Dezaemon Kids!' (PlayStation Network)
- 'Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary'
- 'Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone'
- 'Pirates of Black Cove'
- Thought Leaders: John Laird
- High School Teachers Make Video Gaming Academic
- PC Gaming in Motion
- 'F.E.A.R. 3'
- 'From Dust'
- Gears of War 3 Achievement Challenge
- Top 11 Video Games for Fitness
- Dust 514 Brings MMO EVE OnlineM Into the FPS Market
- Watching End of Nations Fall
- Thought Leaders: Greg Kasavin
- 'Zenonia 3: The Midgard Story'
- 'The Longest Journey'
- Puzzle Dimension
- A Rage Like No Other
- MMO EVE Online Expands Into the FPS Market
- Fallen Enchantress Is Set to Rise: Part 2
- A Gamer's Education
- Future for Slates, Tablets and iPads
- 'Terraria' and 'Universe Sandbox'
- 'MotorStorm: Apocalypse'
- Cakewalk Case Studies: Sean Murray and Tim Wynn
- Thought Leaders: Bonnie Nardi
- Chatting With John Martin of Reallusion
- 'Galaga 30th Collection'
- The Way of the Samurai: Chatting With James Russell of The Creative Assembly
- Audio for Games Reimagined: SONAR X1
- 'Hunted: The Demon's Forge'
- Baseball Simulation in MLB 2K11: Part 2
- Video Game Thought Leaders: Matt Ployhar
- Daggerdale - Talking With Tim Ernst of Bedlam Studios
- Fallen Enchantress Is Set to Rise
- 'Mortal Kombat' and the First Amendment
- 'Infamous 2'
- 'Fable III'
- E3 2011 Showcases a Big Year for PC Gaming
- Happiness Is a Warm Gun: Chatting With Emotional Robots
- 'Fate of the World'
- 'The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings'
- 'L.A. Noire'
- PlayStation Network: After the Fall
- Value Proposition - PC or Console Games?
Video Games: 'Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Patriots'
Copyright © 2011 GamerLive Networks Inc. All rights reserved. Distributed by Tribune Media Services Inc.
Your Favorite Comic Strips Online
Your favorite comics strips Animal Crackers, Annie, Bound & Gagged, Brenda Starr, Brewster Rockit: Space Guy, Broom-Hilda, Dick Tracy, Gasoline Alley, Gil Thorp, Housebroken, Loose Parts, The Middletons, Pink Panther, Raising Hector, Sylvia, 9 to 5, Bliss, Bottom Liners, Love Is..., Pluggers all online at ComicStripNation.com