- LATIN AMERICA
- MIDDLE EAST
- United Kingdom
- United States
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Oil & Gas
- Real Estate
- 3M (MMM)
- AT&T (T)
- AIG (AIG)
- Alcoa (AA)
- Altria (MO)
- American Express (AXP)
- Apple (AAPL)
- Bank of America (BAC)
- Boeing (BA)
- Caterpillar (CAT)
- Chevron (CVX)
- Cisco (CSCO)
- Citigroup (C)
- Coca Cola (KO)
- Dell (DELL)
- DuPont (DD)
- Eastman Kodak (EK)
- ExxonMobil (XOM)
- FedEx (FDX)
- General Electric (GE)
- General Motors (GM)
- Google (GOOG)
- Hewlett-Packard (HPQ)
- Home Depot (HD)
- Honeywell (HON)
- IBM (IBM)
- Intel (INTC)
- Int'l Paper (IP)
- JP Morgan Chase (JPM)
- J & J (JNJ)
- McDonalds (MCD)
- Merck (MRK)
- Microsoft (MSFT)
- P & G (PG)
- United Tech (UTX)
- Wal-Mart (WMT)
- Walt Disney (DIS)
- Woman to Woman
Get the Mother's Day You Deserve
by Lauren Fischer
As a busy mom running the family and household, "Mother's Day should be all about making the woman feel loved and appreciated," says Pattie Cordova, blogger at Living Mi Vida Loca.
To host this year's family celebrations, we have five party-planning steps to keep you the star of the festivities -- and not the cocinera or cleaner.
Once the kids are asleep, begin setting up the night before. Organize all of the tableware and serving dishes.
Mother's Day is the perfect time for you -- and your fellow mom guests -- to take a backseat.
Ask all of the invited men to make and bring one dish -- preferably the mom's favorite. Be sure to have a good mix of entrees, sides and desserts. For the meal that you or your husband will prepare, "debut one special dish for that extra effort," says Cordova.
Keep it Simple
If the weather permits, move the celebration outdoors and use nature's beauty as the decoration. For indoor decor, bring in soft colors and pretty objects, such as simple pastel flowers and table linens, and scented candles scattered around the home, says Cordova. For cocktails, choose your favorite wines to reduce cleanup and time spent making drinks.
Place trash bags in key locations around the house to minimize the after-party cleanup, and be sure people know where they are located. Using paper goods for food and drinks will eliminate unnecessary dish washing.
Indulge and PamperOnce the guests leave, continue the celebration by indulging in an at-home spa night. "Get the bath set up with a new set of bath salts, candles and relaxing music," says Cordova. You've earned it.
Lauren Fischer is a freelance writer who has contributed to Woman’s World, People, Makeup Deal of the Day and SavvyMiss.com
- The Long Road to Gender Equality
- What Does Being an American Latina Mean?
- Get Lost in a Good Book: Spring / Summer Reading List
- 5 Mother's Day Gifts That'll Instantly Make You Mom's Favorite
- Creative Mother's Day Gift Ideas for the Seriously Simple Cook
- Get the Mother's Day You Deserve
- Are You Turning into Your Mother?
- The Secret to Feeling Amazing
- Can the Law of Attraction Change Your Life?
- The No-Crash Bikini Body Diet
- Embrace Procrastination -- and Thrive on It
- How to Make New Habits Stick
- Overcome Your Fears by Facing Them
- Reclaim Your Body After Baby!
- How New Moms Can Balance Life and Love After Baby
- 5 Ways New Moms Can Get Sleep
- Why You Need to Let Loose (Now!)
- Finding Hidden Moments for Me-time
- Best iPhone Apps for Moms
- What is 'Having It All,' Anyway?
- Recharging Your Batteries
- 15 Things That'll Make You Smile -- Instantly
Article: Copyright © 2017, Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.
Woman to Woman: "Get the Mother's Day You Deserve"