How to Stay Healthy When Traveling
by Sarah Baker
One thing that a lot of women find tricky is trying to maintain their fit & healthy lifestyle when traveling. I know this isn't glamorous, but for example: One of the major issues many women have told me about their travel woes is being 'backed up' -- if you know what I mean -- and it is quite an issue!
Because of this and other concerns, I've put together my list of what I always keep handy with me during trips, as well as tips for staying on track with your diet and fitness goals.
Dandelion Tea or an Herbal Diuretic
Flying frequently can make you retain water weight, which will cause you to feel puffy and bloated. I drink dandelion root tea or I take an herbal diuretic before and after my flight to help fight water retention.
Dieter's Green Tea
Now here's the topic that many women experience but don't want to talk about, so let's get down to business. Traveling changing time schedules can make things irregular, causing a whole backup to your system. You will be left feeling heavy, and irritated. To keep you regular every morning, try this dieter's green tea. It contains senna, which is an extremely gentle, herbal and extremely gentle, herbal "tummy food disposer" -- if you get my drift.
I always bring a resistance band with me on trips so that I can continue toning up on my downtime. Resistance bands are great for arms, core, back, legs and booty, and you can do workouts in your hotel room or wherever you please.
For floor workouts and pilates in your hotel room, ankle weights are the addition for extra toning. Sometimes I even bust them out for my morning jog -- who cares if people give you strange looks -- your health is more important!
No matter where you are, you should be getting outside and walking. I go for a long run every morning along the beach if I'm in Miami, or I make sure I spend a lot of time outside getting fresh air and window-shopping if I'm in a city like New York. A good pair of gym shoes will never let you down!
Download Fitness Apps
This postfrom a couple weeks ago lists my favorite fitness apps for at home workouts. These can be super beneficial when you are on the road as well if there is not a proper gym around.
Remember Your Supplements
I always bring probiotics, chlorella tablets, omega 3, and a B vitamin blend with me so that I am still on track with my supplements. The probiotics will help maintain proper digestion; chlorella will help stabilize your blood sugar if your eating habits are erratic; omega-3 will keep your hair, skin and nails hydrated if your flying frequently; and the vitamin B blend will help you maintain proper energy levels. (If you are vegan and eat no animal products whatsoever, a blend with Vitamin B 16 is crucial since that vitamin is only found in animal products.)
Just remember -- do not take any supplements, vitamins, specialty teas, or herbal blends without consulting your physician first
- Attack Headaches & Migraines the Healthy Way
- How to Stay Healthy When Traveling
- What's New in the Fight Against Breast Cancer
- Five Solutions for Top Pregnancy Sleep Issues
- Six Pregnancy Super Foods
- Pregnancy Tips for Managing Mood Swings
- Nine Pregnancy Tips for Moms of Multiples
- Pregnancy Weight Gain Guide
- Kegel Lessons for Expectant Moms
- Insomnia When Expecting
- Stress-Free Pregnancy Tips
- Why American Women are Endangered
- Good Nutrition for a Beach-Ready Bod
- Celulitis: Top Five Myths
- Pregnancy Body Changes That Might Shock You
- 7 Painful Realities of Postpartum Recovery
- Feeling Tired After Birth? Get Relief!
- 6 Tips for Choosing Prenatal Vitamins
- The Best Pregnancy Diet: 7 Nutrients You Need
- Best Pregnancy Diet: Are You Gaining Weight the Right Way?
- Sleep During Pregnancy: 5 Reasons You're Not Getting It
- The Healthiest Pregnancy Diet
- Why You Need More Folic Acid in Your Pregnancy Diet
- Exercise During Pregnancy: Your Wellness Depends on It
- Pregnancy and Traveling: A Risk to Your Wellness?
- Birthing Classes That Improve Your Wellness Post-pregnancy
- Pregnancy by Age: Defining 'Wellness' at 20, 30, 40
- How Much Pregnancy Weight Should You Gain?
- 5 Surprising Pregnancy Symptoms
Article: Copyright © 2017, Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.