Stress-Free Pregnancy Tips
by Celia Shatzman
Having a baby is incredibly exciting -- but can also be stressful at times. Between preparing for your baby, arranging the nursery, scheduling checkups, and dealing with your changing body, you've got a lot to handle! The following tactics can help keep anxieties at bay, which will help you -- and your new baby -- stay happy and healthy.
Stress-free pregnancy tip #1: Get moving
Exercise not only maintains fitness -- it also releases tension. Swimming and walking are great, low impact choices for workouts, and deep-breathing exercise such as in prenatal yoga can be extra soothing. Just be sure to ask your doctor before starting a new physical activity.
Stress-free pregnancy tip #2: Snack wisely
We all know that whatever you eat during pregnancy, your new baby eats, too. But there's another reason to be mindful when you chow down: A well-balanced diet will help provide the physical and mental energy to help your body power through the pregnancy while keeping you focused.
Stress-free pregnancy tip #3: Catch some Z's
There's a reason getting extra sleep is the pregnancy tip that you hear over and over again. While your body is working overtime, you and your baby need all the rest you can get. Getting to bed early means you'll snooze enough to keep your calm the next day.
Stress-free pregnancy tip #4: Just relax
Whether you curl up with a good book, meditate, or enjoy a warm bath, make sure you fit in some calming activities. Once you welcome your baby home, it'll be tough to find the time for these!
Stress-free pregnancy tip #5: Avoid information overload
Taking a pregnancy education class is crucial for knowing what to expect when you're having a baby. However, it's easy to get caught up listening to other people's horror stories and spending hours on the Internet reading about what could (but probably won't) go wrong. Instead of delving into the gloomy, pay attention to your own body and look to your doctor for reassurance and advice.
Preparing for a baby can be a lot of work, so don't hesitate to ask someone for help, to take some pressure off you. A happy, healthy mom-to-be is part of the secret to a happy, healthy pregnancy!
- Attack Headaches & Migraines the Healthy Way
- How to Stay Healthy When Traveling
- What's New in the Fight Against Breast Cancer
- Five Solutions for Top Pregnancy Sleep Issues
- Six Pregnancy Super Foods
- Pregnancy Tips for Managing Mood Swings
- Nine Pregnancy Tips for Moms of Multiples
- Pregnancy Weight Gain Guide
- Kegel Lessons for Expectant Moms
- Insomnia When Expecting
- Stress-Free Pregnancy Tips
- Why American Women are Endangered
- Good Nutrition for a Beach-Ready Bod
- Celulitis: Top Five Myths
- Pregnancy Body Changes That Might Shock You
- 7 Painful Realities of Postpartum Recovery
- Feeling Tired After Birth? Get Relief!
- 6 Tips for Choosing Prenatal Vitamins
- The Best Pregnancy Diet: 7 Nutrients You Need
- Best Pregnancy Diet: Are You Gaining Weight the Right Way?
- Sleep During Pregnancy: 5 Reasons You're Not Getting It
- The Healthiest Pregnancy Diet
- Why You Need More Folic Acid in Your Pregnancy Diet
- Exercise During Pregnancy: Your Wellness Depends on It
- Pregnancy and Traveling: A Risk to Your Wellness?
- Birthing Classes That Improve Your Wellness Post-pregnancy
- Pregnancy by Age: Defining 'Wellness' at 20, 30, 40
- How Much Pregnancy Weight Should You Gain?
- 5 Surprising Pregnancy Symptoms
Article: Copyright © 2017