The World's Happiest People
By Dyfed Loesche (Statista)
This chart shows a ranking of the happiest countries worldwide, by index score
Happiness, not just economic growth, is increasingly seen as a proper measure of social progress and the advised goal of social policy.
According to the World Happiness Report 2017, the Norwegians are the happiest people on the planet, followed by the Danish and Icelandic. What the Nordic countries have in common is a rather even distribution of wealth.
- Cyber Attacks Blame Game Grows Murkier
- Instability, Quagmire, & Peace
- Childhoods, War, Marriage & Hunger
- Millions Robbed of Their Childhood
- Global Drug Use
- The World's Happiest People
- World's Most And Least Peaceful Countries
- Wait and See No Longer an Option for Disaster Response
- Populism's Call
- Who Can We Trust To Measure Poverty?
- World Ignores Displaced Africans
- The Making of the Modern World
- International Law
- Global Civil Society
- Global Political Economy
- Why the West Struggles to Understand the BRICS
- How The Global Millionaire Club Is Changing
- Where Social Media is Under Assault
- Populist Challenge and Political Judgement
- Coping With Disruptive Change
- It Can't Happen (But It Just Did)
- Stop the Presses
- Preventing Violent Extremism: A New Paradigm or Evolving Approach?
- Hints of a 21st Century Peace
World News: "The World's Happiest People"