How The Global Millionaire Club Is Changing (Courtesy: latitudes-flickr/Flickr)
This infographic chart shows the number of millionaires by country and change from 2015 to 2016.
Which countries expanded their millionaire clubs the most over the past year?
According to a new report from Credit Suisse, the United States is still at the very top of the global league of millionaires by a massive amount. However, when it comes to the growth of millionaire populations across different countries, Japan is firmly in the lead.
Japan is currently home to 2.8 million dollar millionaires (9 percent of the global total), 738,000 more than in 2015, according to Credit Suisse. The United States' population of millionaires grew at a slower pace than Japan's, increasing by 283,000 to 13.55 million over the past 12 months. Germany (+44,000), Taiwan (+27,000) and Italy (+11,000) also saw their millionaire communities expand over the course of the past year.
Many countries saw their millionaire clubs shrink with the United Kingdom losing the most individuals of any country worldwide.
The United Kingdom lost the most millionaires over the past 12 months with its total falling by 406,000, a massive deterioration compared to Switzerland (-58,000), the second-highest nation for losses. China also saw its population of millionaires fall from 1.63 million in 2015 to 1.59 million in 2016.
- Year One of America First
- The Future of Capitalism: Technological Progress, Block Chains and Karl Marx
- If Women Ruled The World, Would It Be So Different?
- Will Liberal Democracy Survive the Century?
- Is the Liberal State Secular?
- ISIL's Defeat: It’s Over, But Not Over
- Diplomacy and the End of Foreign Policy as We Know It
- The Thucydides Trap: A Distorted Compass
- The Global Pyramid Of Wealth
- Is Life Better Or Worse Than 50 Years Ago?
- Jobs Under Threat From Automation
- Selfies Deadlier than Sharks
- US and British Foreign Policy from One Regime Change to Another
- Revolt of the Plebs
- E-Diasporas: The Virtual Meets Reality
- We Live in More Peaceful Times
- World's Most And Least Competitive Countries
- The World's Most Liveable Cities
- Internet Shutdowns Increasing
- Youngest Serving State Leaders
- Where Support For Autocracy is Strongest
- Religion: More Harm Than Good
- Global Child Mortality Rates Improve
- World's Fastest High-Speed Trains
- Importance of a Nation's Capital
- Are We Winning The War Against AIDS?
- Cyber Attacks Blame Game Grows Murkier
- Instability, Quagmire, & Peace
- Childhoods, War, Marriage & Hunger
- Millions Robbed of Their Childhood
- Global Drug Use
- The World's Happiest People
- World's Most And Least Peaceful Countries
- Wait and See No Longer an Option for Disaster Response
- Populism's Call
- Who Can We Trust To Measure Poverty?
- World Ignores Displaced Africans
- The Making of the Modern World
- International Law
- Global Civil Society
- Global Political Economy
- Why the West Struggles to Understand the BRICS
- How The Global Millionaire Club Is Changing
- Where Social Media is Under Assault
- Populist Challenge and Political Judgement
- Coping With Disruptive Change
- It Can't Happen (But It Just Did)
- Stop the Presses
- Preventing Violent Extremism: A New Paradigm or Evolving Approach?
- Hints of a 21st Century Peace
World News: "How The Global Millionaire Club Is Changing"