How The Global Millionaire Club Is Changing (Courtesy: latitudes-flickr/Flickr)
This infographic chart shows the number of millionaires by country and change from 2015 to 2016.
Which countries expanded their millionaire clubs the most over the past year?
According to a new report from Credit Suisse, the United States is still at the very top of the global league of millionaires by a massive amount. However, when it comes to the growth of millionaire populations across different countries, Japan is firmly in the lead.
Japan is currently home to 2.8 million dollar millionaires (9 percent of the global total), 738,000 more than in 2015, according to Credit Suisse. The United States' population of millionaires grew at a slower pace than Japan's, increasing by 283,000 to 13.55 million over the past 12 months. Germany (+44,000), Taiwan (+27,000) and Italy (+11,000) also saw their millionaire communities expand over the course of the past year.
Many countries saw their millionaire clubs shrink with the United Kingdom losing the most individuals of any country worldwide.
The United Kingdom lost the most millionaires over the past 12 months with its total falling by 406,000, a massive deterioration compared to Switzerland (-58,000), the second-highest nation for losses. China also saw its population of millionaires fall from 1.63 million in 2015 to 1.59 million in 2016.
- One World, Many Actors
- The Making of the Modern World
- International Organizations
- International Law
- Global Civil Society
- Global Political Economy
- Why the West Struggles to Understand the BRICS
- How The Global Millionaire Club Is Changing
- Where Social Media is Under Assault
- Populist Challenge and Political Judgement
- Coping With Disruptive Change
- It Can't Happen (But It Just Did)
- Stop the Presses
- Preventing Violent Extremism: A New Paradigm or Evolving Approach?
- Hints of a 21st Century Peace
- Future Prospects for a Compromised Hegemon
- Pacifism, Just War and Civil Liberties in a Multicultural Age
- Pessimism Over Global Poverty Threatens to Stall Efforts
- 'Backward' Indigenous Peoples May Hold Solution to World Hunger Efforts
- Countries with the Longest Life Expectancies
- Jihad Often More an Excuse Than a Cause
- From Paris to Istanbul, More 'War on Terror' Means More Terrorist Attacks
- Muhammad Ali Understood the Racist Roots of War
- The Scope for Parallel Diplomacy Has Never Been Greater
- The Center Can't Hold
- Orlando and the Future of Terrorism
- Countries With the Most Troops in the Military
- Fast and Cheap Zika Detection: Coming Soon
- Even War Has Rules: A Call for Global Action to Protect Civilians
- Transatlantic Counter-Terrorism Cooperation
- The New (Anti-)Secularism
- Countering the UN Has Failed Narrative
- The Countries With the Lowest Perceived Corruption
- The Role of Ex-Rebel Parties in Building Peace
- Imagining the End of the World in Fiction and Capitalism
- The Children's Crusade
- Can We Not End Wars Anymore?
- The Art of Dissidence and Diplomacy
- Corporations Killed Medicine
- The Countries With the Highest Perceived Corruption
- The Global Militarisation Index
- Religious Diversity & Peace
- Whose God? A Human Rights Approach
- The Geopolitics of Religious Liberty
- The Geopolitics of Cheap Oil
World News: "How The Global Millionaire Club Is Changing"