World's Most And Least Peaceful Countries
By Niall McCarthy (Statista)
What are the most and least peaceful countries in the World? This chart shows countries by ranked by peace level
The 2017 Global Peace Index was released recently and it found that the world has actually become a slightly safer place during the past year. However, the divisive presidential election in the United States and its fallout has resulted in peace levels in North America deteriorating. 161 countries were analyzed in the index and the U.S. actually experienced the greatest decline in peace out of all them, plummeting 11 places to 114th most-peaceful country.
Iceland was named the world's most peaceful country with New Zealand and Portugal coming second and third respectively.
Unsurprisingly, Syria is has the lowest peace rating worldwide. Afghanistan, Iraq, South Sudan and Yemen also find themselves at the very bottom of the peace list.
According to the index, global violence came to $14.3 trillion in purchasing power parity terms, equivalent to 12.6 percent of the world's GDP or $1,953 for every person.
- Cyber Attacks Blame Game Grows Murkier
- Instability, Quagmire, & Peace
- Childhoods, War, Marriage & Hunger
- Millions Robbed of Their Childhood
- Global Drug Use
- The World's Happiest People
- World's Most And Least Peaceful Countries
- Wait and See No Longer an Option for Disaster Response
- Populism's Call
- Who Can We Trust To Measure Poverty?
- World Ignores Displaced Africans
- The Making of the Modern World
- International Law
- Global Civil Society
- Global Political Economy
- Why the West Struggles to Understand the BRICS
- How The Global Millionaire Club Is Changing
- Where Social Media is Under Assault
- Populist Challenge and Political Judgement
- Coping With Disruptive Change
- It Can't Happen (But It Just Did)
- Stop the Presses
- Preventing Violent Extremism: A New Paradigm or Evolving Approach?
- Hints of a 21st Century Peace
World News: "World's Most And Least Peaceful Countries"