Religion: More Harm Than Good
By Dyfed Loesche (Statista)
This chart shows the percentage of people by country who think religion does more harm than good.
Religion is a touchy topic. For example for this infographic we left out all icons, though the designer had a brilliant idea how to combine the symbols of all three major monotheistic religions. The icons were interlocked in a way that could make some people feel one religion was encircled by another. Maybe, this is an example of why some people feel that religion is more of a problem than a solution. Religion can also unite those who share its beliefs but draw clear dividing lines to people of other persuasions.
Researchers with Ipsos have found out that indeed 49 percent of people worldwide feel that religion does more harm than good.
The list is led by Belgium, where 68 percent agree to this either somewhat or strongly. In Japan only 26 percent would agree with this statement. However, when asked if religious practices are an important factor in the moral life of their country, only 15 percent of Japanese think so.
- Year One of America First
- The Future of Capitalism: Technological Progress, Block Chains and Karl Marx
- If Women Ruled The World, Would It Be So Different?
- Will Liberal Democracy Survive the Century?
- Is the Liberal State Secular?
- ISIL's Defeat: It’s Over, But Not Over
- Diplomacy and the End of Foreign Policy as We Know It
- The Thucydides Trap: A Distorted Compass
- The Global Pyramid Of Wealth
- Is Life Better Or Worse Than 50 Years Ago?
- Jobs Under Threat From Automation
- Selfies Deadlier than Sharks
- US and British Foreign Policy from One Regime Change to Another
- Revolt of the Plebs
- E-Diasporas: The Virtual Meets Reality
- We Live in More Peaceful Times
- World's Most And Least Competitive Countries
- The World's Most Liveable Cities
- Internet Shutdowns Increasing
- Youngest Serving State Leaders
- Where Support For Autocracy is Strongest
- Religion: More Harm Than Good
- Global Child Mortality Rates Improve
- World's Fastest High-Speed Trains
- Importance of a Nation's Capital
- Are We Winning The War Against AIDS?
- Cyber Attacks Blame Game Grows Murkier
- Instability, Quagmire, & Peace
- Childhoods, War, Marriage & Hunger
- Millions Robbed of Their Childhood
- Global Drug Use
- The World's Happiest People
- World's Most And Least Peaceful Countries
- Wait and See No Longer an Option for Disaster Response
- Populism's Call
- Who Can We Trust To Measure Poverty?
- World Ignores Displaced Africans
- The Making of the Modern World
- International Law
- Global Civil Society
- Global Political Economy
- Why the West Struggles to Understand the BRICS
- How The Global Millionaire Club Is Changing
- Where Social Media is Under Assault