World's Most And Least Competitive Countries
By Niall McCarthy (Statista)
What are the most and least competitive countries in the World? This chart shows countries by ranked by competitiveness.
A recently released World Economic Forum report has found that the global economy is recovering well nearly a decade on from the start of the global financial crisis with GDP growth hitting 3.5 percent in 2017. The eurozone in particular is regaining traction with 1.9 percent growth expected this year. The improvement in Europe's economic fortunes can be seen in the report and the following infographic which shows that six European economies are among the world's ten most competitive.
The World Economic Forum defines national competitiveness as the set of institutions, policies and factors determining productivity levels. Switzerland grabbed top spot in the report with an index score of 5.86 out of 7, recording strong and balanced results across the most important determining factors such as health, primary education and a reliable macroeconomic environment. The United States comes second for national competitiveness, though the report notes that it needs to improve its macroeconomic environment as well as health and education, both of which scored poorly.
Eight of the world's ten worst countries for national competitiveness were in Africa. Yemen has been devasted by war in recent years and it comes bottom with a score of 2.87. It was followed by Mozambique and Chad, both of which had a score of less than three. The only other non-African country in the bottom ten was Haiti which scored 3.22.
- We Live in More Peaceful Times
- World's Most And Least Competitive Countries
- The World's Most Liveable Cities
- Internet Shutdowns Increasing
- Youngest Serving State Leaders
- Where Support For Autocracy is Strongest
- Religion: More Harm Than Good
- Global Child Mortality Rates Improve
- World's Fastest High-Speed Trains
- Importance of a Nation's Capital
- Are We Winning The War Against AIDS?
- Cyber Attacks Blame Game Grows Murkier
- Instability, Quagmire, & Peace
- Childhoods, War, Marriage & Hunger
- Millions Robbed of Their Childhood
- Global Drug Use
- The World's Happiest People
- World's Most And Least Peaceful Countries
- Wait and See No Longer an Option for Disaster Response
- Populism's Call
- Who Can We Trust To Measure Poverty?
- World Ignores Displaced Africans
- The Making of the Modern World
- International Law
- Global Civil Society
- Global Political Economy
- Why the West Struggles to Understand the BRICS
- How The Global Millionaire Club Is Changing
- Where Social Media is Under Assault
World News: "World's Most And Least Competitive Countries "