Standard of Living Perceptions at 10 Year High
by Martin Armstrong (Statista)
The post recession recovery in the United States is seemingly going well, at least in terms of how satisfied the population are with their standard of living.
The index featured in this infographic combines responses to the questions "right now, do you feel your standard of living is getting better or worse?", and "are you satisfied with your standard of living?".
The results reveal that since 2008, positive perceptions of the standard of living have more than doubled, from an index score of 23 to one of 54 for the first eight months of 2017.
- The Global Economy in 2018
- The Missing Ingredients of Growth
- Why The Trade Balance (Still) Matters
- The Phillips Curve
- NAFTA's Jobs Myth
- Will Powell Be an Accidental Hawk?
- The States With The Most People In Debt
- The Limited Effects of Tax Cuts on the Economy
- The Global Pyramid Of Wealth
- Standard of Living Perceptions at 10 Year High
- Who Can We Trust To Measure Poverty?
- Minimum Wage Industries
- The iPhone Price Index
- Pros & Cons of the Gig Economy
- Calling Working People of All Colors
- Exploding Inequality is Killing Democracy
- Reducing Inequality in the Trump Era
- Obama's Legacy: Growth, Debt & Employment
- Only 5 Countries Have A Bigger GDP Than California
- Global Political Economy
- How The Global Millionaire Club Is Changing
- Plenty of Dough in Online Food Delivery
- The Most Expensive Metro Areas to Live In
- Cities With the Lowest Gas Prices
- The Cost of a Beer: Then and Now
- The Cost of a Cup of Coffee: Then and Now
- Cities Where Coffee Costs the Most
- America's Decreasing Fertility Rate Could Spell Economic Trouble
- The Least Affordable Places for Single Parents
- How the Cost of a Movie Ticket Has Changed Over Time
- The Cost of a Trip to the Emergency Room Since 1940
- Gagging on the Gig Economy
- How Falling Oil Prices Have Changed the Economy
- The Economics of Brexit
- Making China Great Again
- States with the Lowest Unemployment Rates
- Oil's Downfall Aided by Rise of Fracking
- Counties Where Medicare Spends the Most per Patient
- Inequality Will Get Worse Until There's a Revolution
- States with the Highest Unemployment Rates
- The Richest Banks
- Cost Of a Car Since 1967
- Cost of Car Insurance In Every State
- The Most Fuel Efficient Cars
- Zombie Ideas and the Death of Ethics in Economics
- What Really Caused the Eurozone Crisis?
- Is GDP Over?
- Pay Fair or Pay Up