Games to Download for Your Cat
Games to Download for Your Cat
Think you can get away with buying a three-pack of felt mice to entertain your cat? Mice were so last decade. Now your cat wants an iPad.
There are two ways to look at this. Either it's good because there are more uses for your iPad to justify the expense, or it's crazy because you just bought an $800 iPad and now your cat is the one having all the fun. Let's go with reason No. 1 and explore some of the fun apps you can download to keep your cat busy for hours.
1. Game for Cats
The free version of this game comes with one full game in which your cat chases a red dot. There is also an in-app option to purchase an additional game in which a mouse runs across the screen and gets stuck in a mousetrap. The laser dot is a kitty classic sure to please.
2. App for Cats
This one will run you 99 cents but is worth the few pennies. With App for Cats, you get several different boards and different kinds of bugs that crawl across the screen. The bugs move faster when your cat taps them, and more and more show on the screen the longer it's on.
3. Cat Toys Lite
This is another mouse game, but with this one, you can adjust the speed at which the mouse moves as well as the sound. (The mouse squeaks when tapped.) Optional upgrade includes more critters to chase, including a frog.
4. Cat Piano
While your cats will definitely engage with it, this might be more of a game for the humans. It works like a keyboard, but instead of music, it meows. The free app has three different kinds of cat voices: angelic meow, furball and housecat. Furball is sure to make your kitty's ears prick up. For 99 cents, you can upgrade and get 10 more marvelous meows. This app might be especially useful for luring your cat out from under the sofa or bed. My two came running!
Note: All of these are also available for iPhone, but the bigger screen on the iPad makes it a little more exciting for the cats and better to interact with.
Recent Pet Articles
- Easy Ways to Reduce Pet Allergens in Your Home
- Benefits of Owning a Senior Dog
- What Makes a Dog Yawn?
- 10 Ways to Keep Your Dog Happy This Spring
- Are You Protecting Your Dog's Health?
- Does Breeding Impact Dog Behavior?
- Dog Treadmills: Safe or Hazardous?
- The Irish Setter: Fun Wears a Red Coat
- How to Read Your Dog
- Games to Download for Your Cat
- Is It Too Late to Train Your Senior Cat?
- How Cats Show Their Happiness
- Natural Ways to Eliminate Litter Box Odor
- Are You Protecting Your Cat's Health?
- Is a Toy Dog Breed Your Best Match?
- Introducing Your Older Dog to Your New Puppy
- True Stories of Presidential Dogs
- Off the Beaten Career Path With Dogs
- Best Sleep Position for Dogs
- Keep Your Dog Safe on Night Walks
- How to Exercise Your Cat
- Why Your Cat Acts Stressed and Anxious
- Hidden Causes of Cat Obesity
- Lower Your Stress with a Cat
- The Cat Connection to Dating and Romance
- Make Your Senior Dog Feel at Home
- Top 5 Ways to Improve Life for Your Senior Dog
- Healthy Nutrition for Your Senior Dog
- How to Care for Your Arthritic Dog
- How to Introduce Your Puppy to Your Cat
- Tibetan Spaniels: The Dog for Cat People
- How You and Your Dog Can Go Green
- Dieting With My Dog
- Dog Fitness Centers
- Running With Your Dog During Cooler Weather
- Take Care of Your Dog's Hot Spots
- How to Introduce a New Pet to Your Old Pet
- Should You Clothe Your Cat?
- Cat Sleep Routines
- Can You Give Your Cat a Bath?
- Healthy Nutrition for Your Senior Cat
- Top 3 Apps for Cats
- Breed Match
- Doga: Yoga Your Dog Will Love
- Groom Your Dog Like a Pro
- Puppy, Get That out of Your Mouth!
- Terminate Stinky Dog Breath
- The Schipperke: Escape Artist Extraordinaire
- Help Your Dog Cope With Holiday Guests
- Coping With the Loss of a Dog
- Cat Breeds for Dog Lovers
- Teach Your Dog to Enjoy Your Garden Without Destroying It
- How to Play Tug-of-war With Dogs
- Size up Your Puppy's Food
- What's Not to Love About Yorkies?
- What to Ask a Dog Breeder
- Train Your Aggressive, Biting Kitten
- Can Cats Find Their Way Home?
- Caring for Your Arthritic Cat
- Keep Your Cat Calm During Storms
- Top 5 Ways to Improve Life for Your Senior Cat
Copyright © 2012 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.