Natural Ways to Eliminate Litter Box Odor
Can your guests tell that you have cats, just by sniffing the air? Removing litter box odors in a chemical-free way will make your home healthier and more pleasant for you and your cat.
For an inexpensive and safe odor-eliminating kitty litter, make your own by using baking soda. Sprinkle a thin layer of baking soda into the box before pouring in your regular litter. Baking soda is extremely absorbent and helps eliminate not only moisture, but odors too.
White vinegar is a natural, inexpensive cleaning solution that can help you eliminate odors in the litter box. Empty all of the litter out of the box and fill the box with 1/2 inch of vinegar. Let the vinegar sit for 15 minutes. Mix some warm water into the vinegar and scrub the box, and then dump out the mixture. Rinse and dry the litter box and refill it with fresh kitty litter. The vinegar is strong and acidic, so it beats those tough odors -- without harming your cat.
Other Ways to Remove Odors
For an easier way to reduce odors, simply use less litter in the box. Reduce the amount of litter over time if you think it will upset your cat. With less litter, you will be able to see the waste that needs to be removed; it won't be hiding deep in the litter, where it emits odors into your home.
Another option is to replace your regular kitty litter with wood pellets. This is a natural litter that works by absorbing the liquid waste and neutralizing the odor. Wood pellets are environmentally friendly and wallet-friendly.
Finally, try replacing your litter box once a year to cut back on lingering smells.
Recent Pet Articles
- Easy Ways to Reduce Pet Allergens in Your Home
- Benefits of Owning a Senior Dog
- What Makes a Dog Yawn?
- 10 Ways to Keep Your Dog Happy This Spring
- Are You Protecting Your Dog's Health?
- Does Breeding Impact Dog Behavior?
- Dog Treadmills: Safe or Hazardous?
- The Irish Setter: Fun Wears a Red Coat
- How to Read Your Dog
- Games to Download for Your Cat
- Is It Too Late to Train Your Senior Cat?
- How Cats Show Their Happiness
- Natural Ways to Eliminate Litter Box Odor
- Are You Protecting Your Cat's Health?
- Is a Toy Dog Breed Your Best Match?
- Introducing Your Older Dog to Your New Puppy
- True Stories of Presidential Dogs
- Off the Beaten Career Path With Dogs
- Best Sleep Position for Dogs
- Keep Your Dog Safe on Night Walks
- How to Exercise Your Cat
- Why Your Cat Acts Stressed and Anxious
- Hidden Causes of Cat Obesity
- Lower Your Stress with a Cat
- The Cat Connection to Dating and Romance
- Make Your Senior Dog Feel at Home
- Top 5 Ways to Improve Life for Your Senior Dog
- Healthy Nutrition for Your Senior Dog
- How to Care for Your Arthritic Dog
- How to Introduce Your Puppy to Your Cat
- Tibetan Spaniels: The Dog for Cat People
- How You and Your Dog Can Go Green
- Dieting With My Dog
- Dog Fitness Centers
- Running With Your Dog During Cooler Weather
- Take Care of Your Dog's Hot Spots
- How to Introduce a New Pet to Your Old Pet
- Should You Clothe Your Cat?
- Cat Sleep Routines
- Can You Give Your Cat a Bath?
- Healthy Nutrition for Your Senior Cat
- Top 3 Apps for Cats
- Breed Match
- Doga: Yoga Your Dog Will Love
- Groom Your Dog Like a Pro
- Puppy, Get That out of Your Mouth!
- Terminate Stinky Dog Breath
- The Schipperke: Escape Artist Extraordinaire
- Help Your Dog Cope With Holiday Guests
- Coping With the Loss of a Dog
- Cat Breeds for Dog Lovers
- Teach Your Dog to Enjoy Your Garden Without Destroying It
- How to Play Tug-of-war With Dogs
- Size up Your Puppy's Food
- What's Not to Love About Yorkies?
- What to Ask a Dog Breeder
- Train Your Aggressive, Biting Kitten
- Can Cats Find Their Way Home?
- Caring for Your Arthritic Cat
- Keep Your Cat Calm During Storms
- Top 5 Ways to Improve Life for Your Senior Cat
Copyright © 2012 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.