Cut Canine Costs Today
During tough economic times, who doesn't want to save money and spend less? With these tips, pet parents can save big.
Pet health insurance is becoming a wise investment for millions, particularly when an unexpected illness or emergency occurs. Peace of mind is priceless, so having insurance in place and/or a pet emergency fund proves valuable when most needed. Ask about limitations and any pre-existing exclusions first.
Social media unites, but real-life connections are fun and necessary to strengthen relationships with our dogs. An afternoon at the park with a Frisbee, sandwiches and your dog's favorite treats is like Disneyland to a dog. Put the electronic devices in hibernate mode, skip the restaurant and spend an afternoon away with your pet.
Check online or with your favorite pet supply store to see if your dog's brand of food has an associated coupon or frequent buyer plan available. Never switch diets abruptly for temporary cost savings. Diets that are suddenly changed and/or are inferior in quality can ultimately lead to digestive issues or worse in the long run.
Pet supply superstores and your neighborhood favorite shops often have sales, coupons and deals on your dog's favorite snacks. Ask about their next sale, event or cost savings on treats. Many pet supply stores allow dogs inside.
Prescription Price Chopping
Joining a warehouse club may have more rewards than bulk savings. Some clubs and pharmacies are filling pet prescriptions, many of which are generic and discounted.
Celebrate and start a piggy bank for a special dog-friendly trip. Grandma was right: A dollar saved is a dollar earned, especially when the year is up and the vacation goal is met.
Recent Pet Articles
- How to Avoid Chaos at Multiple-dog Feedings
- The Poodle: More Than Just a Pretty Dog
- Is a Great Dane the Dog Breed for You?
- Send Your Kid to Dog Training Camp
- Does Your Dog Eat Too Fast?
- Heroic Best Friends: On the Beat With a Police K-9
- Top 5 New Dog Products
- Elite Dog Athletes
- Summer Activities for Dogs
- Dog Tags Meet Technology
- The Best Meat Meal for Your Dog
- Do Dogs Get Revenge on Their Owners?
- Cut Canine Costs Today
- Cats in the Wedding
- Protect Your Cat From Houseplants
- How to Train Your Athletic Cat
- How to Foster a Cat
- The Lowdown on Low pH in Cat Food
- Easy Exercises for Your Cat
- Does Cat Behavior Change With the Seasons?
- Is Your Dog Ready for Agility?
- When Should You Tell Your Dog 'No'?
- How to Plan a First-class Puppy Playgroup
- Dog Lovers: You Too Can Have a Garden!
- Are Tennis Balls Safe for Your Dog?
- 4 Simple Steps to Stop Dog Jumping
- Minimize the Shedding: Essential Springtime Dog-grooming Tips
- Grooming Curly-haired Dogs
- Why Your Dog Needs Vaccinations
- Old Wives' Tales About Dogs: Dispelled
- New Supplement Can Help Your Dog's Digestion
- What Snoring Says About Your Dog's Health
- The Dog Olympics
- Stop Cat Bullying
- Turn Your Cat Into a Social Media Star
- Best Books for Cat Lovers
- Improve Your Senior Cat's Eating Behavior
- Find Your Perfect Kitten
- Don't Declaw Your Cat: Furniture-saving Tips and Tricks
- Common Eye Problems in Cats
- Cat Displacement Behavior
- Luxury Hotels for Cats
Copyright © 2012 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.