Keep Your Dog Safe on Night Walks
Paris Permenter and John Bigley
Reflective clothing, glow sticks and even LED bracelets can be used by dog walkers for additional visibility, but the market also features a wide variety of products that are specifically designed to keep your dog visible at night and in case your dog should get out of your grasp on your evening stroll.
Like its name suggests, this small light attracts the attention of those around you and your dog. The Beacon can be clipped on your dog's collar or coat, or on yourself. Three settings -- a constant glow, a fast flash or a slow flash -- can be used so you can distinguish multiple dogs in the dark.
Both LED collars and leashes are available from Dog-e-Glow in a variety of styles, from camo to an extensive collegiate football collection. Collars and leashes can be set to remain on throughout the walk or to blink for even more visibility.
These German-engineered LED collars run on AAA batteries and simply slip over your dog's head. They're even waterproof so you won't have to worry if your dog takes a snowy roll on a winter night, or a dip in the lake on a summer evening.
This reflective safety jacket, available in bright green or orange, also features 3M Scotchlite trim for extra visibility. The lightweight jacket also includes a top loop for hanging a light.
Visible for up to 1,000 feet thanks to LED lights and reflective and glow-in-the-dark strips, this buckle collar can be worn all the time and features a padded interior. Requiring no batteries, the collar can be recharged via a USB port or with an included wall outlet charger.
Paris Permenter and John Bigley are the founders of DogTipper.com and the authors of Barkonomics: Tips for Frugal Fidos.
Recent Pet Articles
- Is a Toy Dog Breed Your Best Match?
- Introducing Your Older Dog to Your New Puppy
- True Stories of Presidential Dogs
- Off the Beaten Career Path With Dogs
- Best Sleep Position for Dogs
- Keep Your Dog Safe on Night Walks
- How to Exercise Your Cat
- Why Your Cat Acts Stressed and Anxious
- Hidden Causes of Cat Obesity
- Lower Your Stress with a Cat
- The Cat Connection to Dating and Romance
- Make Your Senior Dog Feel at Home
- Top 5 Ways to Improve Life for Your Senior Dog
- Healthy Nutrition for Your Senior Dog
- How to Care for Your Arthritic Dog
- How to Introduce Your Puppy to Your Cat
- Tibetan Spaniels: The Dog for Cat People
- How You and Your Dog Can Go Green
- Dieting With My Dog
- Dog Fitness Centers
- Running With Your Dog During Cooler Weather
- Take Care of Your Dog's Hot Spots
- How to Introduce a New Pet to Your Old Pet
- Should You Clothe Your Cat?
- Cat Sleep Routines
- Can You Give Your Cat a Bath?
- Healthy Nutrition for Your Senior Cat
- Top 3 Apps for Cats
- Breed Match
- Doga: Yoga Your Dog Will Love
- Groom Your Dog Like a Pro
- Puppy, Get That out of Your Mouth!
- Terminate Stinky Dog Breath
- The Schipperke: Escape Artist Extraordinaire
- Help Your Dog Cope With Holiday Guests
- Coping With the Loss of a Dog
- Cat Breeds for Dog Lovers
- Teach Your Dog to Enjoy Your Garden Without Destroying It
- How to Play Tug-of-war With Dogs
- Size up Your Puppy's Food
- What's Not to Love About Yorkies?
- What to Ask a Dog Breeder
- Train Your Aggressive, Biting Kitten
- Can Cats Find Their Way Home?
- Caring for Your Arthritic Cat
- Keep Your Cat Calm During Storms
- Top 5 Ways to Improve Life for Your Senior Cat
Copyright © 2012 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.