An FBI Director's Job Security is Low
By Martin Armstrong (Statista)
Few FBI Directors survive the full 10 years
President Trump fired FBI Director Comey recently. Stating that he is "not able to effectively lead the Bureau", the president dismissed the controversial Director less than four years into his ten year contract.
As our infographic shows, Comey isn't alone in looking back on a short tenure at the top of the FBI. Since the end of J. Edgar Hoover's 48 year stint, only Robert S. Mueller has made it to (and past) the ten year mark.
The chart above shows FBI Directors since 1973, by length of tenure.
- Despite Trump, Climate Action Goes On
- Cities & States Challenging Trump on Climate
- Americans Split on the 'Russia Story'
- Americans Think Trump Tweets Too Much
- Populism's Call
- Political Tension by the Watercooler
- Why Was Comey Fired?
- An FBI Director's Job Security is Low
- American News Credibility Poll
- Military Spending on the Rise Again
- Trump and Trade
- The Appeal of Trump's America First
- The Russian Honeypot
- Will Trump Get a Handle on Things?
Politics: "An FBI Director's Job Security is Low"