Trump Is Openly Racist
by Jim Hightower
Donald Trump's brouhaha with a Mexican-American judge exposes him as a manic threat to anyone he dislikes.
This year’s freakish presidential election has now devolved into an ethnic brouhaha between two foreigners: A Mexican and a German.
The “Mexican” is Gonzalo Curiel, a U.S. federal judge who was born, raised, and educated in Indiana. The “German” is Donald Drumpf -- also known as Donald Trump, the Republican nominee for president.
Drumpf has two fraud cases against him in Judge Curiel’s court, leading the GOP standard bearer to become unhinged over the idea that a “foreigner” would be allowed to pass judgment on an upstanding American citizen like him.
“He’s a Mexican,” The Donald has complained about the jurist -- who happens to be a full-blooded American citizen.
By Drumpf’s standards, though, not even he himself can claim pure-blooded Americano heritage -- only Native Americans can claim that, and even they immigrated from afar centuries ago. In fact, The Donald’s grandfather, Friedrich Drumpf, immigrated to the United States from Kallstadt, Germany about 120 years ago -- and Anglicized his name from Drumpf to Trump.
Still, the GOP’s racist and nativist flag bearer insists that an American with Mexican genes should be disqualified from overseeing the fraud suits against Trump University. The judge would inherently be biased, Trump claims, against the candidate who’s promised to “build a wall” between the United States and Mexico.
So, does his screwy claim that one’s background trumps one’s commitment to fairness also mean that a Muslim judge should be disqualified from any trial of Trump’s wrongdoings, since he’s promised to ban all Muslim immigrants from entering the United States?
“Absolutely,” says the GOP’s presidential wannabe.
Finally, it’s time to say the obvious: Donald is not just plainspoken, nor is he merely trying to get media coverage. He’s deranged and openly racist, and a manic threat to anyone he dislikes -- which is everyone not named Trump… or Drumpf.
More AMERICAN POLITICS ...
- Clinton Regains Lead
- How Much Candidates Spent Per Vote
- Tim Kaine Cheat Sheet
- Mike Pence by the Numbers
- Americans Divided on Bathroom Bill
- Clinton's Stubborn 75 Percent Chance Finally Dips Following Email Revelations
- The 2016 Democratic Convention by the Numbers
- The 2016 Republican Convention by the Numbers
- Trump's Fundraising Turnaround: June Marked Best Month So Far
- Trump Captures His Largest Lead So Far in Polls
- Trump Pulls Ahead of Clinton in Key Swing States
- Donald Trump and America B
- House Sit-In Would've Been More Powerful if It Rejected 'No Fly, No Buy'
- Clinton's Foreign Policy Poses a Challenge to the Left
- Hillary Wants to Bring Back Bill. She Shouldn't
- The Real Reason Republicans Are Going after the IRS
- ISIS Must Love Trump
- Can Trump Ride the Anti-Immigration Wave to the White House?
- Trouble for Donald Trump's Campaign
- America's Most Followed Members of Congress
- Hillary Clinton's Major Foreign Policy Address Was Anything But
- Donald Trump Down in the Polls After Rough Week on the Trail
- Trump Is Openly Racist
- Donald Trump: Joker's Wild
- After Orlando: Twitter Recoils from Islamophobia, Takes Aim at Gun Laws
- How Much Blame Should Hillary Clinton Bear for Libya?
- Countries That Receive the Most Foreign Aid From the U.S.
- Hillary Clinton Secures Democratic Nomination
- Welcome to Half Dome, Sponsored by Nike
- Companies Need to Stop Bankrolling Hate
- For Billionaire Donors, Academic Integrity Comes Cheap
- America's Cosmic Tax Gap
- Trump's 'Realty Check' on Climate
- Putin and Trump: Symptoms of Creeping Caesarism
- Obama Promised Open Government, But Hasn't Delivered Yet
- A Coalition of the Unhinged
- Putting Free Speech Out to Pasture
- The Only Sane Conclusion from Orlando
- Orlando Shooting Fuels Debate on Gun Control
- They're Killing Us. Help Us Stop Them
- A Commencement Address for the Most Indebted Class Ever
- Our Poverty Myth
- Which States Have Banned Assault Weapons?
- Government Agencies that Spend the Most
- The Government Agencies that Employ the Most People
- Odd Ways Political Campaigns Spend Their Money
- Congressional Districts with the Youngest and Oldest Voters
- Trump Nabs First Lead Against Clinton in Poll
- Bernie's Bucks: Sanders' Fundraising and Spending Prowess in 5 Charts
- Clinton Holds Razor-Thin Lead
- Doling Out the Dough for Pro-Clinton Super PACs
- States with the Most Women in Politics
- Do First Ladies Influence the Popularity of Baby Names?
- Counties Where Medicare Spends the Most per Patient
- We Live in a Democracy, Not a Theocracy
- Is Trump an American Exceptionalist?
- Sanders vs Clinton on Economic Inequality
- Big Money in Politics Drives War
- Why Clinton Supports the Trans-Pacific Partnership and Trump Does Not
Politics: "Trump Is Openly Racist"