Obamacare in Critical Condition
The ruling by
Cuccinelli believes the case meets that test. So does Rep.
Judge Hudson is the first judge to strike down the law. Other judges in
Even if the
In a statement shortly after the ruling, Rep.
King is correct. If the federal government can get away with ordering individuals to buy health insurance based on interstate commerce laws, it could order us to submit to any other practice it deems for our good based on similar misinterpretations of the Constitution. Such a course would further erode our liberties and move us closer to dictatorship and away from principles the Constitution was written to protect.
Should Judge Hudson's ruling be upheld on appeal, a significant corner will have been turned in the Left's march toward a socialist state. Polls, as reflected in last month's election, show that a majority of the public has grown tired of ceding too much power to government, no matter which party runs it. Growing numbers of us have awakened to the misappropriation of funds we taxpayers have given
Available at Amazon.com:
Read the latest political news.
- Our Government has Become Greedy
- When Will Obama Go 'Gangster'
- Transcending Progressive Discord
- John Boehner's Curious Tears
- A Tractable and Pragmatic President
- The President's Tax Deal Is Just More Trickle-Down Economics
- President Obama: A Decent Deal, a Weak Sales Job
- Questions for Democrats
- The American Jobs Emergency Requires Action
- Why Not Soak the Rich?
- President Obama Takes on the Liberal Democrats
- President Obama's Surrender
- Reigniting the Spirit of 2008
- Learning the Constitution Is Essential for Americans
- Obama-Clinton's Tag Team Show
- Behind Bill Clinton's Smile
- Obama Tax Deal Debate Is a Classic Beltway Christmas Story
- Voters Say Obama Has No Clear Narrative
- When Words Fail
- 10 Senate Democrats Targeted for Defeat in 2012
- Senators Amass Campaign War Chests Ahead of 2012
- Redefining the Global Warming Debate
- The Need to Protect Our Aging Workforce
- First They Came for My Twinkie ...
- More Nixon Wisdom
- Politics Without Labels? What a Silly Concept
- No Backslide for House Ethics
- Obamacare in Critical Condition
- The Death of Health Care Reform
- Sarah Palin's Economy
- In a Giving Mood But Only Toward Rich
- Congress Must Help Struggling Families Not Millionaires
- Will Obama Fight or Fold on Tax Cuts?
- Obama, Democrats Must Worry About the Center, Not the Left
- Selling the Economic Recovery
- Democrats Lost Because They Didn't Fight for Popular Progressive Policies
- Next Tea Party Target: Corporate America
- George Bush's Campaign to Repair His Image May Not Get Far
- A Modest (Book) Proposal for George W. Bush
- Bipartisanship? Waste of Time!
- 2012 Presidential Hopefuls Pour Cash Into Iowa
- New GOP Members Praise John Boehner's Style
- Abraham Lincoln and the Election of 1860
- The Religious Ties of the Republican Party
- GOP Pushes for Healthcare Reform Repeal
- Redistricting Likely to Help GOP
- A 'Never Mind' Energy Policy
- Adventures in Polspeak, Or: Barack Obama Talks the Talk
- When Washington Regulated Wall Street
- Danger of a Global Double Dip Recession Is Real
- The Bashing of American Exceptionalism
- Coercive Diplomacy That Went Wrong
- Dubya's Worst Moment
- The Party of Organized Money
- Time to Decide What Congress Is For
- Throw Nancy Pelosi Overboard!
- Obama's Blind Side
- Comparisons Between Obama and Dictators Horribly Misguided
- Democratic Finger-Pointing and Obama's 2012 Comeback
- 10 Reasons Obama Is Floundering
- Trouble Ahead for Obama's Presidency
- Obama Cannot Play Center
- America's Love Affair With Obama Is Over
- Both Parties Need to Wise Up
- 2010 Elections: After the Fall
- Political Reporters Look Ahead to 2012 Presidential Election
- Is Sarah Palin's Alaska a 2012 Campaign Ad?
- Support for Sarah Palin Declines
- Groups Prep for Pricey 2012 Presidential Campaign
- The George W. Bush Fixation
- Bush Tax Cuts: How Washington is Making the Rich Richer
- Flood of Campaign Spending Was Good for 2010 Elections
- 4 Billion in Election Spending a Drop in the Bucket
- America Checks Into Rehab
- Jefferson and Madison's Constitution and Modern Gridlock
- GOP Stars to Take Over Congressional Committees
- Obama's First Stand
- Using the Lame Duck Session
- The Right Way to Reform Healthcare
- The Coming 'Monstrosity' Battle
- The Politics of Budget-Cutting
- Michele Bachmann's Plan to Fix the Economy
- Time Machine
- Battle Over Earmarks: Much Ado About Nothing
- Achieve Balanced Federal Budget Through Spending Restraint
- Unemployment Trumps the Budget Deficit
- America's Two Economies: Why One Is Recovering and the Other Isn't
Obamacare in Critical Condition | Politics
(c) 2010 Tribune Media Services, Inc.