Sarah Palin & the Media (by Chan Lowe)
(Confidential response of
Thank you for turning in the manuscript so quickly. I thought only
Before we move ahead, the fact-checking department has asked me to pass along a few notes and comments that may require some revisions on your part.
More significantly, his publicists tell us that you were not the inspiration for "Layla," and that he doesn't recall ever having an affair with you. Is it possible you've got him confused with another rock star?
2. The mainland of
3. Our researchers can find no evidence that
5. Even though you quit with 18 months remaining in your term, your achievements as
6. On page 107 of the manuscript, you describe a frisky interlude with Todd as taking place on a John Deere Cyclone 340 snowmobile. However, that particular model has been out of production for several years. Is it possible that you two were cavorting on a Sprintfire?
7. Our researchers can find no evidence that
8. Although the passage about moose-shooting from helicopters is certainly provocative, perhaps it could be re-polished to focus more on your cooking recipes -- which look very yummy, by the way -- than on the preferred field techniques for skinning and gutting.
9. Our copy editors are still struggling to sort out the many colorful characters in your manuscript. In one chapter the children are called Bristol, Piper, Track, Willow and Trig, yet only 44 pages later they appear as Caribou, Cessna, Herring, Juniper and Scrod. Maybe you could check with Todd and get back to us on that.
10. "Mexican" is not a language (see manuscript page 188).
11. Our researchers cannot verify that
12. The details of your high-school basketball career are inspirational, but would it be possible to condense that section from three chapters to one? Just a thought.
Our legal department has suggested removing any mention of this young man (including those beer-pong photos) from the manuscript. What do you say?
Finally, on a personal note, I'm sorry you're having so much difficulty reaching the ghostwriter we assigned to this project. After your first meeting, she left me a rather frazzled message saying she "needed to take a break and do some soul searching."
We've tracked her to a sweat lodge down in
Meanwhile, keep up the great writing, Sarah. We can't wait to read the finished book!
Available at Amazon.com:
- Lessons for Democrats and Republicans From 2009 Elections
- Lesson Republicans Must Learn from Virginia and New Jersey: Finding the right issues
- 2009 Elections: Referendum on Obama?
- 2009 Elections: The Referendum on Obama That Wasn't
- 2009 Elections: The End of an Era That Never Began
- Exclusive Interview: President Obama on how he makes tough calls on Afghanistan, Healthcare, Economy, ...
- Barack Obama's Challenges and Why Leadership Really Matters
- Still No-Drama Obama: Despite Number of Crises President Obama is unflappable
- How Obama handles everything from healthcare to the war in Afghanistan could define his presidency
- Obama Slower Than Bush to Confirm Justices
- Obama's Partisan Balancing Act on Afghanistan
- Obama's Honeymoon is Over: Many Questioning him on the Economy and Afghanistan
- Bush's Bad Speeches and Karl Rove's Disappointing Genius: Matt Latimer discusses Speech-less
- Fox - White House Media War is Killing News
- The War Obama Can't Win
- Obama Hopes to Paint Fox News Coverage as Biased. It's a Risky Strategy
- Sarah Palin Book: Feminists Jealous of Sarah's Rise
- Dear Sarah: Keep Up the Great Writing
- Nobel Peace Prize: Mixed Signals, Or 'Blessed Are The Cheesemakers'
- Dick Cheney's Blurred Memory
- Viewing the Cost of War
- True Conservatives Just Want a Turn
- Can Civility in Politics Be Lost If It Was Never Found
- The Best Politicians Money Can Buy
- The Hate America Party
- Obama One Year Later: The Audacity of Winning vs. The Timidity of Governing
- Barack Obama Is Doing My Job; Why America Needs Him to Do His
- Why Joe Biden Should Resign
(c) 2009 U.S. News & World Report