Trump Set To Become The Oldest President
By Niall McCarthy (Statista)
When Donald Trump is inaugurated, he will become the oldest elected president in U.S. history. Trump is 70 while the average age of all 44 U.S. presidents is 55.
The previous record holder was Ronald Reagan who was 69 years-old when he was sworn into office in 1981.
George H.W. Bush is another president who was older than average when he took office at 64. Interestingly, he holds another notable record. He celebrated his 72nd wedding anniversary with his wife Barbara on Friday, making them the longest-married couple in U.S. presidential history.
Theodore Roosevelt is the youngest president; he was 42 when he took office after the assassination of William McKinley in 1901. John F. Kennedy was slightly older when he became president 60 years later, aged 43.
The chart above shows the age of post-World War II U.S. presidents when they took office.
- Igniting a Movement for a Moral Economy
- Online Political Ads & Transparency
- If the Trump Revolution is Possible, So is a Progressive One
- Trump's National Security Strategy
- American Sovereignty on Steroids
- What Americans Think of Trump's Tax Plan
- The Limited Effects of Tax Cuts on the Economy
- The Politics of Religion
- Our Social Structure is Rigged
Help For Struggling Millionaires Is On the Way
- Trump's Jerusalem Rationale and Its Consequences
- Trump, Jerusalem and the End Time
- The States With The Most People In Debt
- The Global Pyramid Of Wealth
- Grappling with Disinformation
- Making Social Media Safe for Democracy
- The Birthplace of Trumpism
- How People Perceive Trump
- Republicans Admit Their Tax Plan Is All About Rich Donors
- The Best of Times for a Few in America
- What the Military Thinks of Trump
- Politicians Less Popular Than Trump
- The Most and Least Popular United States Senators
- America's Most Polarizing Brands
- Most Americans Believe JFK Conspiracy Theories
- America's Active Hate Groups
- Despite Trump, Climate Action Goes On
- Cities & States Challenging Trump on Climate
- Americans Split on the 'Russia Story'
- Americans Think Trump Tweets Too Much
- Populism's Call
- Political Tension by the Watercooler
- Why Was Comey Fired?
- An FBI Director's Job Security is Low
- American News Credibility Poll
- Military Spending on the Rise Again
- Trump and Trade
- The Appeal of Trump's America First
- The Russian Honeypot
- Will Trump Get a Handle on Things?
Politics: "Trump Set To Become The Oldest President"