Best Cereal-Crusted Halibut Recipe
by Lauren Chattman
Cereal toasts beautifully under the broiler to give this simple fish dish a crispy, salty-sweet, low-fat coating. Yum!
Makes 4 servings
Cereal-Crusted Halibut Ingredients
1 1/2 cups Kellogg's Smart Start cereal
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
3/4 teaspoon salt
4 halibut fillets, 6 to 7 ounces each
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Cereal-Crusted Halibut Directions
Place oven rack in top position of oven, closest to broiler. Place a second rack in middle position. Preheat oven to 400 F.
Cover a rimmed baking sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
Combine cereal, dill and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl.
Place halibut fillets on baking sheet. Brush with oil and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Bake until fish flakes with a fork, about 12 minutes.
Remove from oven and brush with mustard. Spoon cereal mixture onto fillets, pressing on it with the back of a spoon so it adheres to fish.
Turn oven to broil. Return pan to upper rack of oven, and broil until halibut crust is deep golden, about 30 seconds.
Note: Watch carefully, because crust will burn quickly as soon as it has browned.
Transfer fillets to dinner plates and serve immediately.
- Citrusy Chicken Fajitas
- Braised Chicken
- Chicken Kiev
- Crispy Coconut Chicken
- Crunchy Chicken Tenders
- Cereal-Crusted Halibut
- Crispy Cod
- Maple-Glazed Salmon
- Old-Fashioned Meatloaf
- Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Korean Bulgogi-Style Grilled Steak
- Roasted Shrimp Scampi
- Soft Shell Crab with Lemon Butter Recipe
- Whole Slow-Roasted Salmon with Sweet Mustard-Dill Aioli Recipe
- Grilled Red Mullet with Warm Fennel Salad and Oranges Recipe
- Whole Grilled Branzino Recipe
- Skirt Steak Asada Tacos Recipe
- Chiles Rellenos with Chicken Recipe
- Diane's Southern Fried Chicken Recipe
- How To Cook a Pork Shoulder Recipe
- My Summer Tradition: Apricot-Plum Sauce
- Lamb Meatballs with Egg and Lemon Sauce
- Chicken Paillard with Arugula Salad
- Ossobuco Alla Milanese
- Inside-Out Cheeseburgers
- Maple-Dijon Pot Roast
- Marinated Fish with Vinegar and Mint
- Cauliflower 'Steak' with Olive Pistou
- Steak Salad-Stuffed Pockets
- Roast Loin of Pork with Mustard Crust
- Parmesan Risotto with Roasted Shrimp
- Theater Steak with Mushrooms, Onions and Grilled Bread
- Chili-Rubbed Steak with Maple-Bourbon Butter
- Grilled Pesto Scallops with Balsamic Glaze
- Parmesan-Crusted Chicken Tenders
- Beef Beef Irish Stew: A Hearty Beef Stew
- Vegan Lentil Burgers
- Pot au Feu: Sophisticated Take on 'Boiled Dinner'
- Sauerbraten: A German Take on Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Boeuf Bourguignon
- Vegetable Meat Balls with Zesty Tomato Sauce
- Wok-Seared Chicken and Vegetables
- Chicken and Mushroom Lasagna
- Tuna and Ricotta Fritters
Article: Copyright © 2017, Studio One
Cereal-Crusted Halibut Recipe, American Seafood Cuisine
World-renowned chefs with an extraordinary passion for food share their passion on iHaveNet.com. These chefs make great cooking easier than imagined. Each gourmet recipe features expert advice and an easy-to-make recipe. Exactly what you need to transform your home cooking from acceptable to delectable