Best Chicken Kiev Recipe
by Hillary Tonken
You can't go wrong cooking up this classic recipe that's been a staple in many households for years.
What you can do is sneak in a surprise: namely, crunchy cereal, which acts with the breadcrumbs to give this dish its scrumptious taste. Bon appétit!
Makes 4 servings
Chicken Kiev Recipe Ingredients
4 chicken breast halves
1 stick sweet butter, softened
4 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3 large eggs, lightly beaten with 1 tablespoon water
2 cups Italian-seasoned Panko breadcrumbs
2 cups Kellogg's Smart Start cereal, blended in a food processor fitted with a metal blade until coarse crumbs are formed
1/2 cup vegetable oil
Lemon wedges, optional
Salt and pepper, to taste
Chicken Kiev Recipe Steps
Preheat oven to 350 F.
On a cutting surface, sandwich the chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound the chicken breasts to 1/8-inch thickness.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Put to the side.
In a small bowl, combine the butter with the fresh herbs. Blend well with a fork until combined.
Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Divide the herb butter evenly among the four chicken breasts.
Roll the chicken up in a cylinder and secure it with a wooden toothpick or skewer.
To bread the chicken, add the flour to a shallow dish, the eggs to a medium bowl, and the breadcrumbs and cereal to a third bowl.
First dredge the chicken rolls in the flour, shaking off excess.
Then dip in the egg mixture, completely coating the chicken and draining off excess.
Finally, coat all sides of the chicken in the breadcrumb/cereal mix.
Repeat until all of the chicken is breaded.
Meanwhile, add the vegetable oil to a high-sided skillet over moderately high heat.
When the oil is shimmering, add the chicken breasts and cook until golden brown on all sides, turning as they brown, about two minutes.
Transfer the chicken breasts to a foil-lined baking pan and finish cooking in the oven for 20 minutes.
Remove from oven.
Let cool slightly, remove the wooden skewers and serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
- Citrusy Chicken Fajitas
- Braised Chicken
- Chicken Kiev
- Crispy Coconut Chicken
- Crunchy Chicken Tenders
- Cereal-Crusted Halibut
- Crispy Cod
- Maple-Glazed Salmon
- Old-Fashioned Meatloaf
- Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Korean Bulgogi-Style Grilled Steak
- Roasted Shrimp Scampi
- Soft Shell Crab with Lemon Butter Recipe
- Whole Slow-Roasted Salmon with Sweet Mustard-Dill Aioli Recipe
- Grilled Red Mullet with Warm Fennel Salad and Oranges Recipe
- Whole Grilled Branzino Recipe
- Skirt Steak Asada Tacos Recipe
- Chiles Rellenos with Chicken Recipe
- Diane's Southern Fried Chicken Recipe
- How To Cook a Pork Shoulder Recipe
- My Summer Tradition: Apricot-Plum Sauce
- Lamb Meatballs with Egg and Lemon Sauce
- Chicken Paillard with Arugula Salad
- Ossobuco Alla Milanese
- Inside-Out Cheeseburgers
- Maple-Dijon Pot Roast
- Marinated Fish with Vinegar and Mint
- Cauliflower 'Steak' with Olive Pistou
- Steak Salad-Stuffed Pockets
- Roast Loin of Pork with Mustard Crust
- Parmesan Risotto with Roasted Shrimp
- Theater Steak with Mushrooms, Onions and Grilled Bread
- Chili-Rubbed Steak with Maple-Bourbon Butter
- Grilled Pesto Scallops with Balsamic Glaze
- Parmesan-Crusted Chicken Tenders
- Beef Beef Irish Stew: A Hearty Beef Stew
- Vegan Lentil Burgers
- Pot au Feu: Sophisticated Take on 'Boiled Dinner'
- Sauerbraten: A German Take on Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Boeuf Bourguignon
- Vegetable Meat Balls with Zesty Tomato Sauce
- Wok-Seared Chicken and Vegetables
- Chicken and Mushroom Lasagna
- Tuna and Ricotta Fritters
Article: Copyright © 2017, Studio One
Chicken Kiev Recipe, Ukraine Cuisine
World-renowned chefs with an extraordinary passion for food share their passion on iHaveNet.com. These chefs make great cooking easier than imagined. Each gourmet recipe features expert advice and an easy-to-make recipe. Exactly what you need to transform your home cooking from acceptable to delectable