Best Citrusy Chicken Fajitas Recipe
by Kate Ramo
Fajitas provide a wholesome mix of ingredients that make up a healthy diet -- which, in turn, keeps your digestion in tip-top shape. Plan this dish during the week for a night of easy cleanup!
Makes 4 servings
Citrusy Chicken Fajitas Ingredients
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 oranges, juiced
1 lime, juiced
1 lemon, juiced
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 bell peppers, cored, seeded and quartered
1 red onion, peeled and cut into thick rings
Warm corn tortillas
Citrusy Chicken Fajitas Directions
In a medium bowl, combine oil, juices, chili powder, salt and pepper.
Pour half the marinade into a separate medium-sized bowl.
Add the chicken to one of the bowls and toss to coat.
Add the vegetables to the other bowl and toss to coat.
Cover both bowls and let marinate for at least two hours, or overnight.
Heat a ridged grill pan, cast-iron skillet or outdoor grill over medium heat.
Place vegetables in a single layer to cook until they start to soften and are charred on the outside, about four to five minutes per side.
Remove vegetables to a plate, cover and keep warm.
Add chicken to the pan and cook until browned and cooked through, about five to six minutes per side.
Slice the meat and vegetables into strips; serve with warm tortillas, lime wedges and fresh cilantro.
- Citrusy Chicken Fajitas
- Braised Chicken
- Chicken Kiev
- Crispy Coconut Chicken
- Crunchy Chicken Tenders
- Cereal-Crusted Halibut
- Crispy Cod
- Maple-Glazed Salmon
- Old-Fashioned Meatloaf
- Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Korean Bulgogi-Style Grilled Steak
- Roasted Shrimp Scampi
- Soft Shell Crab with Lemon Butter Recipe
- Whole Slow-Roasted Salmon with Sweet Mustard-Dill Aioli Recipe
- Grilled Red Mullet with Warm Fennel Salad and Oranges Recipe
- Whole Grilled Branzino Recipe
- Skirt Steak Asada Tacos Recipe
- Chiles Rellenos with Chicken Recipe
- Diane's Southern Fried Chicken Recipe
- How To Cook a Pork Shoulder Recipe
- My Summer Tradition: Apricot-Plum Sauce
- Lamb Meatballs with Egg and Lemon Sauce
- Chicken Paillard with Arugula Salad
- Ossobuco Alla Milanese
- Inside-Out Cheeseburgers
- Maple-Dijon Pot Roast
- Marinated Fish with Vinegar and Mint
- Cauliflower 'Steak' with Olive Pistou
- Steak Salad-Stuffed Pockets
- Roast Loin of Pork with Mustard Crust
- Parmesan Risotto with Roasted Shrimp
- Theater Steak with Mushrooms, Onions and Grilled Bread
- Chili-Rubbed Steak with Maple-Bourbon Butter
- Grilled Pesto Scallops with Balsamic Glaze
- Parmesan-Crusted Chicken Tenders
- Beef Beef Irish Stew: A Hearty Beef Stew
- Vegan Lentil Burgers
- Pot au Feu: Sophisticated Take on 'Boiled Dinner'
- Sauerbraten: A German Take on Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Boeuf Bourguignon
- Vegetable Meat Balls with Zesty Tomato Sauce
- Wok-Seared Chicken and Vegetables
- Chicken and Mushroom Lasagna
- Tuna and Ricotta Fritters
Article: Copyright © 2017, Studio One
"Citrusy Chicken Fajitas"
Citrusy Chicken Fajitas Recipe, Mexican Cuisine
World-renowned chefs with an extraordinary passion for food share their passion on iHaveNet.com. These chefs make great cooking easier than imagined. Each gourmet recipe features expert advice and an easy-to-make recipe. Exactly what you need to transform your home cooking from acceptable to delectable