Best Crispy Coconut Chicken Recipe
by Lauren Chattman
It may not seem like an obvious pairing, but coconut flakes and cereal provide a tropical twist on this dinnertime staple.
Plus, the cereal-and-coconut coating on these chicken tenders browns beautifully in the oven.
Makes 4 servings
Crispy Coconut Chicken Recipe Ingredients
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
2 cups Kellogg's Smart Start cereal, crushed
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders, rinsed and patted dry
Salt and ground black pepper
Nonstick cooking spray
Crispy Coconut Chicken Recipe Directions
Preheat oven to 375 F. Place an oven rack over a rimmed baking sheet.
Place flour in a shallow bowl.
In another shallow bowl, lightly beat eggs. Place coconut, crushed Kellogg's Smart Start cereal, and cayenne pepper in another shallow bowl and mix well.
Sprinkle tenders with salt and pepper.
Working with 1 tender at a time, dredge both sides in flour and shake over bowl to remove any excess.
Next, dip cutlet in egg to coat, letting any excess drip back into bowl.
Press first one side of cutlet and then the other in cereal mixture to coat completely.
Place on wire rack.
Repeat with remaining cutlets.
Spray chicken lightly with cooking spray. Bake until cooked and crispy, about 15 minutes.
- Citrusy Chicken Fajitas
- Braised Chicken
- Chicken Kiev
- Crispy Coconut Chicken
- Crunchy Chicken Tenders
- Cereal-Crusted Halibut
- Crispy Cod
- Maple-Glazed Salmon
- Old-Fashioned Meatloaf
- Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Korean Bulgogi-Style Grilled Steak
- Roasted Shrimp Scampi
- Soft Shell Crab with Lemon Butter Recipe
- Whole Slow-Roasted Salmon with Sweet Mustard-Dill Aioli Recipe
- Grilled Red Mullet with Warm Fennel Salad and Oranges Recipe
- Whole Grilled Branzino Recipe
- Skirt Steak Asada Tacos Recipe
- Chiles Rellenos with Chicken Recipe
- Diane's Southern Fried Chicken Recipe
- How To Cook a Pork Shoulder Recipe
- My Summer Tradition: Apricot-Plum Sauce
- Lamb Meatballs with Egg and Lemon Sauce
- Chicken Paillard with Arugula Salad
- Ossobuco Alla Milanese
- Inside-Out Cheeseburgers
- Maple-Dijon Pot Roast
- Marinated Fish with Vinegar and Mint
- Cauliflower 'Steak' with Olive Pistou
- Steak Salad-Stuffed Pockets
- Roast Loin of Pork with Mustard Crust
- Parmesan Risotto with Roasted Shrimp
- Theater Steak with Mushrooms, Onions and Grilled Bread
- Chili-Rubbed Steak with Maple-Bourbon Butter
- Grilled Pesto Scallops with Balsamic Glaze
- Parmesan-Crusted Chicken Tenders
- Beef Beef Irish Stew: A Hearty Beef Stew
- Vegan Lentil Burgers
- Pot au Feu: Sophisticated Take on 'Boiled Dinner'
- Sauerbraten: A German Take on Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Boeuf Bourguignon
- Vegetable Meat Balls with Zesty Tomato Sauce
- Wok-Seared Chicken and Vegetables
- Chicken and Mushroom Lasagna
- Tuna and Ricotta Fritters
Article: Copyright © 2017, Studio One
"Crispy Coconut Chicken"
Crispy Coconut Chicken Recipe, American Cuisine
World-renowned chefs with an extraordinary passion for food share their passion on iHaveNet.com. These chefs make great cooking easier than imagined. Each gourmet recipe features expert advice and an easy-to-make recipe. Exactly what you need to transform your home cooking from acceptable to delectable