Healthy Cocktails for Outdoor Entertaining
By Shelley Levitt
Sipping a cold cocktail on a balmy night is one of the great pleasures. It can also be a way to sneak some nutrition into your daily diet. Here are three refreshing and restorative drinks
[ Related: Grape Mojito ]
The Jolly Green Machine
Vitamin-dense kale is the star of this cocktail from the Napa Valley Grille in Los Angeles.
2 parts fresh kale juice (blend fresh baby kale with a little water in a blender)
3 parts fresh lemonade
1 part gin
1/2 part St-Germain liqueur
2 parts club soda
1/2 part agave syrup (optional)
1. Shake vigorously with ice in a cocktail shaker.
2. Strain and serve up in a martini glass.
It might fall short of a wheatgrass smoothie, but this simple cocktail is loaded with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory enzymes.
2 ounces of gin
3/4 ounce simple syrup
6 lime chunks (2/3 of a lime)
2 1/2-inch slices of cucumber
Pinch of sea salt
1. Muddle lime, cucumber, simple syrup in a shaker.
2. Add gin and cracked ice.
3. Shake three times.
4. Pour all ingredients into a rocks glass.
5. Sprinkle a tiny pinch of sea salt on top.
Whip up a pitcher of these -- the recipe serves eight -- for an invigorating drink that has just 156 calories for an 8-ounce serving. Jackie Keller, founder of NutriFit, a Southern California meal-delivery service, created the recipe. "The limeade is a good source of vitamin C," says Keller, "and nonalcoholic beer is much better for you than real beer!"
1 12-ounce can frozen limeade concentrate
1 12-ounce can nonalcoholic beer
2 cups crushed ice
6 slices lime wedges (optional)
1. Combine 1/2 of the can of nonalcoholic beer, all of the limeade concentrate, and the crushed iced in a blender.
2. Blend until frothy, and then slowly add in the remainder of the beer. Garnish each glass with a lime wedge, if desired.
- Healthy Cocktails for Outdoor Entertaining
- How to Make a Good Classic Sangria
- The Best Spanish Sangria
- The Fresh Lime Margarita as It Was Meant to Be Made
- Persimmon Mojito
- Sweet and Sour Cherry Vodka Sparkler
- Royal Hawaiian Scratch Mai Tai
- Skinny Summer Cocktails
- Grape Mojito
- Apple Lime Mint Spritzer Mocktail
- Mocktails: Making Memorable Non-Alcoholic Drinks
- Grown Up Popsicles with Grown Up Tastes
Article: Copyright © Studio One Networks. All Rights Reserved.
"Healthy Cocktails for Outdoor Entertaining"
World-renowned chefs with an extraordinary passion for food share their passion on iHaveNet.com. These chefs make great cooking easier than imagined. Each gourmet recipe features expert advice and an easy-to-make recipe. Exactly what you need to transform your home cooking from acceptable to delectable