Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe
by Lauren Chattman
Tired of making typical oatmeal cookies?
We have a new spin on the recipe for you. It includes Kellogg's Raisin Bran cereal, which provides wonderful texture and wheat-y flavor.
Makes 24 cookies
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe Ingredients
1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup old-fashioned (not quick-cooking) oats
1 cup Kellogg's Raisin Bran
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe Directions
Preheat oven to 350 F.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In a large mixing bowl, mix together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Add egg and vanilla and mix until smooth.
Stir in flour mixture until just incorporated. Stir in oats and cereal.
Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets, leaving about 3 inches between cookies.
Bake until golden around edges, but still soft on top, 10 to 12 minutes.
Let cookies stand on baking sheet for five minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cookies will keep at room temperature in an airtight container for two to three days.
- Almond-Apricot Cereal Squares
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Wholesome Desserts Made Possible
- Summer Stone Fruit Cobbler
- Pina Colada Yogurt Parfait
- 2-Ingredient Nutella Brownies
- Coconut-Lime Rice Pudding with Mangoes
- Lemon Lime Curd Cookies with Rosemary Sables
- Strawberry Banana Crumble
- Healthy Frozen Mochaccino
- An Elegant Chocolate and Raspberry Cake
- Dark Chocolate Walnut Cookies
- Diane's Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Rhubarb and Strawberry Crostata
Limoncello Zabaglione with Fresh Berries
- Oatmeal Nutella Mug Cake
- Meyer Lemon Coffee Cake
- Chocolate Fondue
- Goat Cheese, Honey and Pistachio Mini Cheesecakes with Meyer Lemon Cream
- Guinness Porter Cake with Orange-Whiskey Butter
- Panna Cotta: Pure Heaven and So Easy to Make
- Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Sweeten up with a Chocolate or Limoncello Mousse
- Tejeringos and Chocolate: Delightful Spanish Dessert Treat
- Salted Dark Chocolate Popcorn
- Oatmeal-Brown Sugar Baked Apples
- Grapefruit and Honey Cake
- How To Make Chocolate Pudding from Scratch
Article: Copyright © 2017, iHaveNet
"Oatmeal Raisin Cookies"
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe, Classic American Cookie Recipes
World-renowned chefs with an extraordinary passion for food share their passion on iHaveNet.com. These chefs make great cooking easier than imagined. Each gourmet recipe features expert advice and an easy-to-make recipe. Exactly what you need to transform your home cooking from acceptable to delectable