Hearty Turkey Chili
by Carey Palenchar
Besides being a savory comfort food, this chili is a lighter option compared with the norm. It's not made with beef, so it contains less fat, which is helpful if you suffer from occasional digestive issues. Just remember to take an OTC anti-bloating pill if you are sensitive to beans!
Makes 6 servings
Hearty Turkey Chili Recipe Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 sweet onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
1 pound ground turkey breast
2 cups chicken stock
2 cups Kellogg's Raisin Bran cereal
28-ounce can diced tomatoes
15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup chopped green olives
1/2 teaspoon cumin
Hearty Turkey Chili Recipe Directions
Add olive oil to a heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat.
Toss in onion once the oil is hot, and cook for five minutes, or until the onion is slightly soft.
Add the garlic and pepper to the pot and cook for an additional two minutes, or until fragrant.
Add turkey and cook for five minutes, or until cooked through. Season the turkey with a sprinkle of salt.
Add the chicken stock, cereal, tomatoes (including the liquid from the can), black beans, green olives and cumin.
Bring the chili up to a boil.
Lower the heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
The cereal flakes will dissolve, thickening the chili. Serve hot.
- Chowder The Right Way
- Soup Swap: Italian Wedding Soup Recipe
- Hearty Turkey Chili
- Turnip Soup with Garlic Chickpea Croutons
- Chilled Cucumber, Pea and Mint Soup
- Cheesy Panade with Swiss Chard, Beans and Sausage
- Sweet Potato Lima Bean Soup
- Roasted Beet Soup with Fennel and Orange
- Minestrone Soup's on to Drop those Pounds
- Turkey Chili and Spicy Cornbread
- Moroccan-Spiced Carrot and Sorghum Soup
- Cold Weather Favorite: Beer Cheese Soup
- Chard and Spinach Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Smoky Tomato Soup
- Triple Threat Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Cashew Tomato Soup
- Chipotle Chili Butternut Squash Soup
- Easy Creamy Leek and Potato Soup
- Yin Yang Soup
- Very Green Lentil Soup
- Light, Creamy and Dairy-Free Fish Chowder
- White Chicken Chili
- Split Pea Soup: A Seriously Simple Standby
Article: Copyright © 2017, Studio One
"Hearty Turkey Chili"
Hearty Turkey Chili Recipe, American Cuisine
World-renowned chefs with an extraordinary passion for food share their passion on iHaveNet.com. These chefs make great cooking easier than imagined. Each gourmet recipe features expert advice and an easy-to-make recipe. Exactly what you need to transform your home cooking from acceptable to delectable