Linguine With Broccoli Rabe and Feta
by Kate Ramos
Following a heart-healthy diet doesn't mean giving up your favorite foods, like pasta. As a matter of fact, switching to whole-wheat pasta as part of a healthy diet and exercise routine has been linked to reduced cholesterol levels!
Enjoy this whole-wheat pasta recipe with some leafy greens and a sprinkle of feta to top it off.
Makes 4 servings
Linguine With Broccoli Rabe and Feta Ingredients
1/3 cup olive oil
6 large cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced lengthwise
1 pound whole-wheat linguine
1 large bunch broccoli rabe, rinsed thoroughly and cut into bite-sized pieces
1 lemon, zest finely grated
1 orange, zest finely grated
1/2 teaspoon red chile flakes (or more, to taste)
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Linguine With Broccoli Rabe and Feta Directions
Heat a large pot of salted water over medium-high heat.
Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add the oil.
Once oil is warm, add garlic and cook until golden brown and crisp, about three minutes.
Transfer garlic chips to a plate and save the oil in the frying pan.
Add pasta to boiling water and cook according to the package instructions.
A few minutes before the pasta is done cooking, add broccoli rabe to the pot.
Save 3/4 cup of the pasta cooking water, then drain the pasta and broccoli rabe through a strainer.
Return pasta and broccoli to the pot; add the reserved cooking water, reserved oil, lemon zest, orange zest and chile flakes.
Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper and toss again.
Divide evenly between serving plates, and top each plate with a sprinkling of feta cheese and the reserved garlic chips.
- Greek Quinoa Salad
- Kale and Grapefruit Salad
- Trout and Buckwheat Salad
- Winter Salad With Homemade Croutons
- Summer Salad with Grilled Chicken and Peaches
- Summer Chopped Salad with Basil Vinaigrette
- Baked Red Lentil Falafel Salad
- Asparagus Salad Topped with Poached Eggs
- Spinach Salad with Steak and Blueberries
- Spring Salad with Beets, Prosciutto and Creamy Onion Dressing
- Winter Salad with Roasted Squash and Pomegranate Vinaigrette
- Endive Salad with Pear, Pecans and Gorgonzola
- Main Course Salads: Quick Solutions for Weeknight Dinners
- Shaved Beet and Radish Salad with Pomegranate Seeds
- Swiss Chard with Balsamic, Maple Syrup and Fresh Ginger
- Summer Succotash Salad
- Shaved Asparagus Salad
- Pasta Salad with Gouda, Red Peppers and Artichoke Hearts
- Sicilian-Inspired Blood Orange Salad
- Chicken and White Bean Salad
- Fruit and Nut Tabouli Salad
- Vegetarian Taco Salad
- Warm Citrusy Millet Salad with Roasted Fennel and Kalamata Olives
- Classic Waldorf Salad
- Massaged Kale Salad
- Barley Cranberry Salad
- Warm Goat Cheese Salad with Arugula and Radicchio
- How To Make a Better Side Salad
- Farro Salad with Nectarines, Basil and Toasted Pine Nuts
- Pear and Prosciutto Salad with Late-Harvest-Wine Vinaigrette
- Radicchio Salad with Green Olives and Parmesan
- Greek Salad Santorini-Style
Article: Copyright © 2017, Tribune Content Agency
"Linguine With Broccoli Rabe and Feta"
Linguine With Broccoli Rabe and Feta Recipe, Greek - Italian Pasta Recipe
World-renowned chefs with an extraordinary passion for food share their passion on iHaveNet.com. These chefs make great cooking easier than imagined. Each gourmet recipe features expert advice and an easy-to-make recipe. Exactly what you need to transform your home cooking from acceptable to delectable