This updated French bistro dish makes a simple dinner any night of the week. You might want to consider doubling the batch and using the remaining salmon in a tossed salad the next day.
Mustard-Crusted Salmon Recipe
Makes 4 servings.
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
1 1/4 pounds center-cut salmon fillets, cut into 4 portions
1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
Freshly ground pepper to taste
1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
2 teaspoons lemon juice
Preheat broiler. Line a broiler pan or baking sheet with foil, then coat it with cooking spray.
Place salmon pieces, skin-side down, on the prepared pan. Season with salt and pepper. Combine sour cream, mustard and lemon juice in a small bowl. Spread evenly over the salmon.
Broil the salmon 5 inches from the heat source until it is opaque in the center, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
Per serving: 198 calories; 8 g fat (2 g sat, 6 g mono); 72 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrate; 29 g protein; 0 g fiber; 375 mg sodium; 560 mg potassium
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (74 percent daily value), Potassium (26 percent dv), omega-3s.
0 Carbohydrate Servings
Exchanges: 4 lean protein, 1 fat
French Bistro-Style Salmon Recipe, French Cuisine
- Mustard-Crusted Salmon
- Roast Salmon with Salsa
- Seared Salmon with Green Peppercorn Sauce
- Salmon Tacos with Mango Corn Salsa
- Eula Mae's Cajun Kitchen Seafood Gumbo
- Southern-Style Fried Catfish
- Sea Scallops alla Caprese
- Pairing Wine with Seafood
- Cioppino: A Classic Taste of San Francisco
- Sunchoke Carpaccio with Almonds and Grapefruit (Carpaccio di Topinambur)
- Prosciutto with Fig Puree and Triple Cream Cheese
- Lemon-Garlic Marinated Shrimp
- Grilled Eggplant, Tomato and Mozzarella Stacks
- Citrus-Marinated Seafood Cocktail Appetizer
- Spicy Pecan Popcorn Chicken
- Spicy Tuna Tartare in Sesame-Miso Cones
- Main Course Salads: Quick Solutions for Weeknight Dinners
- Greek Salad Santorini-Style
Article: Copyright © Tribune Media Services Inc.
Recipe: "Mustard-Crusted Salmon"
World-renowned chefs with an extraordinary passion for food share their passion on iHaveNet.com. These chefs make great cooking easier than imagined. Each gourmet recipe features expert advice and an easy-to-make recipe. Exactly what you need to transform your home cooking from acceptable to delectable