Best Old-Fashioned Meatloaf Recipe
by Lauren Chattman
Feel like you aren't getting enough fiber in your diet?
This Old-Fashioned Meatloaf recipe will help you increase the grams per day while eating one your favorite timeless dishes. It's not quite Mom's recipe, but we're sure you'll love our original take!
Makes 6 servings
Old-Fashioned Meatloaf Recipe Ingredients
2 pounds ground chuck
1 large yellow onion
1 large egg
1 1/4 cups Kellogg's All-Bran Original cereal
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon salt
Ground black pepper
Old-Fashioned Meatloaf Recipe Directions
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
In a large bowl, combine chuck, onion, egg, cereal, barbecue sauce, cheese, salt and pepper, and mix with your hands or a spatula until evenly blended.
Pat mixture into a loaf shape approximately 9 by 5 inches.
Place on baking sheet and bake until meat is cooked through (160 F on an instant-read thermometer), about one hour.
Brush with remaining 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce, cook another five minutes and remove from oven.
Let stand 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Citrusy Chicken Fajitas
- Braised Chicken
- Chicken Kiev
- Crispy Coconut Chicken
- Crunchy Chicken Tenders
- Cereal-Crusted Halibut
- Crispy Cod
- Maple-Glazed Salmon
- Old-Fashioned Meatloaf
- Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Korean Bulgogi-Style Grilled Steak
- Roasted Shrimp Scampi
- Soft Shell Crab with Lemon Butter Recipe
- Whole Slow-Roasted Salmon with Sweet Mustard-Dill Aioli Recipe
- Grilled Red Mullet with Warm Fennel Salad and Oranges Recipe
- Whole Grilled Branzino Recipe
- Skirt Steak Asada Tacos Recipe
- Chiles Rellenos with Chicken Recipe
- Diane's Southern Fried Chicken Recipe
- How To Cook a Pork Shoulder Recipe
- My Summer Tradition: Apricot-Plum Sauce
- Lamb Meatballs with Egg and Lemon Sauce
- Chicken Paillard with Arugula Salad
- Ossobuco Alla Milanese
- Inside-Out Cheeseburgers
- Maple-Dijon Pot Roast
- Marinated Fish with Vinegar and Mint
- Cauliflower 'Steak' with Olive Pistou
- Steak Salad-Stuffed Pockets
- Roast Loin of Pork with Mustard Crust
- Parmesan Risotto with Roasted Shrimp
- Theater Steak with Mushrooms, Onions and Grilled Bread
- Chili-Rubbed Steak with Maple-Bourbon Butter
- Grilled Pesto Scallops with Balsamic Glaze
- Parmesan-Crusted Chicken Tenders
- Beef Beef Irish Stew: A Hearty Beef Stew
- Vegan Lentil Burgers
- Pot au Feu: Sophisticated Take on 'Boiled Dinner'
- Sauerbraten: A German Take on Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Boeuf Bourguignon
- Vegetable Meat Balls with Zesty Tomato Sauce
- Wok-Seared Chicken and Vegetables
- Chicken and Mushroom Lasagna
- Tuna and Ricotta Fritters
Article: Copyright © 2017, Studio One
Old-Fashioned Meatloaf Recipe, American Cuisine
World-renowned chefs with an extraordinary passion for food share their passion on iHaveNet.com. These chefs make great cooking easier than imagined. Each gourmet recipe features expert advice and an easy-to-make recipe. Exactly what you need to transform your home cooking from acceptable to delectable