Strawberry Banana Crumble Recipe
by Cathy Pollak
One of the great things about strawberries is how well they pair with other fruits. One of my favorite combinations is strawberry and banana. It's perfect for smoothies, yogurt and even ice cream. I figured, why not put these two together and make it into an irresistible crumble? What a good idea that was. It is delicious. And the topping ... I could eat it by the bowlful.
I washed my strawberries, hulled them and cut them into quarters lengthwise. This keeps them mostly intact as they bubble away in the oven. I decided to use my smallest cast iron skillet for this rustic dessert. I love the way it heats up and keeps things warm once removed from the oven. My whole family loved this dessert. It's the perfect ending to a summer meal such as fried chicken. Vanilla ice cream is an absolute must on top of this dessert, especially when warm.
Strawberry-Banana Crumble Recipe
Created by NoblePig.com
4 cups hulled and quartered strawberries(
5-small-medium sized bananas, sliced(
1/4 cup all-purpose flour(
1/4 cup sugar(
1 tablespoon lemon juice(
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/4 cups old-fashioned oats (not quick-cooking)
1/2 cup butter, softened(
1 cup all-purpose flour(
1 cup light brown sugar
Vanilla ice cream
Strawberry-Banana Crumble Recipe Steps
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine strawberries, bananas, 1/4 cup flour, sugar, lemon juice and salt.
Toss together gently to avoid bruising the bananas. Pour into a 10-inch cast iron skillet.
Combine all ingredients for topping and use fingertips to smush together until small clumps form.
Completely cover strawberry-banana mixture with crumb topping.
Bake for 40 minutes or until mixture is bubbling on the sides.
Let sit for 15 minutes before serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
- Almond-Apricot Cereal Squares
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Wholesome Desserts Made Possible
- Summer Stone Fruit Cobbler
- Pina Colada Yogurt Parfait
- 2-Ingredient Nutella Brownies
- Coconut-Lime Rice Pudding with Mangoes
- Lemon Lime Curd Cookies with Rosemary Sables
- Strawberry Banana Crumble
- Healthy Frozen Mochaccino
- An Elegant Chocolate and Raspberry Cake
- Dark Chocolate Walnut Cookies
- Diane's Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Rhubarb and Strawberry Crostata
Limoncello Zabaglione with Fresh Berries
- Oatmeal Nutella Mug Cake
- Meyer Lemon Coffee Cake
- Chocolate Fondue
- Goat Cheese, Honey and Pistachio Mini Cheesecakes with Meyer Lemon Cream
- Guinness Porter Cake with Orange-Whiskey Butter
- Panna Cotta: Pure Heaven and So Easy to Make
- Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Sweeten up with a Chocolate or Limoncello Mousse
- Tejeringos and Chocolate: Delightful Spanish Dessert Treat
- Salted Dark Chocolate Popcorn
- Oatmeal-Brown Sugar Baked Apples
- Grapefruit and Honey Cake
- How To Make Chocolate Pudding from Scratch
Article: Copyright © 2017, Tribune Content Agency
"Strawberry Banana Crumble"
Crumble Dessert Recipe, American Dessert Recipes
World-renowned chefs with an extraordinary passion for food share their passion on iHaveNet.com. These chefs make great cooking easier than imagined. Each gourmet recipe features expert advice and an easy-to-make recipe. Exactly what you need to transform your home cooking from acceptable to delectable