Best Sweet and Sour Meatballs Recipe
by Lauren Chattman
Surprisingly, cereal is what gives these minis some of their delicious flavor.
Bathe these tasty meatballs in sweet and sour sauce and serve them over rice, or skewer them with toothpicks and offer them to guests as appetizers.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Sweet and Sour Meatballs Recipe Ingredients
2 pounds ground chuck
2 large eggs
1/2 cup Kellogg's All-Bran cereal
1 medium onion, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons soy sauce
Sweet and Sour Meatballs Recipe Directions
In a large bowl, combine ground beef, eggs, cereal, onion and salt. Mix thoroughly and shape into golf ball-sized spheres.
In a large skillet, brown meatballs on all sides over medium heat, in batches.
Transfer to a plate.
In a skillet, whisk together brown sugar and flour.
Slowly whisk in water, vinegar and soy sauce.
Add meatballs and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently until meatballs are cooked through, about 30 minutes
- Citrusy Chicken Fajitas
- Braised Chicken
- Chicken Kiev
- Crispy Coconut Chicken
- Crunchy Chicken Tenders
- Cereal-Crusted Halibut
- Crispy Cod
- Maple-Glazed Salmon
- Old-Fashioned Meatloaf
- Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Korean Bulgogi-Style Grilled Steak
- Roasted Shrimp Scampi
- Soft Shell Crab with Lemon Butter Recipe
- Whole Slow-Roasted Salmon with Sweet Mustard-Dill Aioli Recipe
- Grilled Red Mullet with Warm Fennel Salad and Oranges Recipe
- Whole Grilled Branzino Recipe
- Skirt Steak Asada Tacos Recipe
- Chiles Rellenos with Chicken Recipe
- Diane's Southern Fried Chicken Recipe
- How To Cook a Pork Shoulder Recipe
- My Summer Tradition: Apricot-Plum Sauce
- Lamb Meatballs with Egg and Lemon Sauce
- Chicken Paillard with Arugula Salad
- Ossobuco Alla Milanese
- Inside-Out Cheeseburgers
- Maple-Dijon Pot Roast
- Marinated Fish with Vinegar and Mint
- Cauliflower 'Steak' with Olive Pistou
- Steak Salad-Stuffed Pockets
- Roast Loin of Pork with Mustard Crust
- Parmesan Risotto with Roasted Shrimp
- Theater Steak with Mushrooms, Onions and Grilled Bread
- Chili-Rubbed Steak with Maple-Bourbon Butter
- Grilled Pesto Scallops with Balsamic Glaze
- Parmesan-Crusted Chicken Tenders
- Beef Beef Irish Stew: A Hearty Beef Stew
- Vegan Lentil Burgers
- Pot au Feu: Sophisticated Take on 'Boiled Dinner'
- Sauerbraten: A German Take on Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Boeuf Bourguignon
- Vegetable Meat Balls with Zesty Tomato Sauce
- Wok-Seared Chicken and Vegetables
- Chicken and Mushroom Lasagna
- Tuna and Ricotta Fritters
Article: Copyright © 2017, Studio One
"Sweet and Sour Meatballs"
Sweet and Sour Meatballs Recipe, American Cuisine
World-renowned chefs with an extraordinary passion for food share their passion on iHaveNet.com. These chefs make great cooking easier than imagined. Each gourmet recipe features expert advice and an easy-to-make recipe. Exactly what you need to transform your home cooking from acceptable to delectable