Fresh Tomato Salsa
by Stacy Fraser, EatingWell
Fresh and easy, this recipe yields about 5 cups of salsa -- plenty to serve a crowd. If you like spicy salsa, use the full amount of jalapeños and add more cayenne pepper.
Fresh Tomato Salsa Recipe
Yield: 10 servings, 1/2 cup each
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
4 cups diced tomatoes (5-6 medium)
3/4 cup finely diced red onion (about 1 small)
1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
1-2 jalapenos, seeded and minced
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pinch of cayenne pepper, or more to taste
Fresh Tomato Salsa Recipe Steps
Combine tomatoes, onion, vinegar, jalapeno, cilantro, salt and cayenne in a medium bowl.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
To Make Ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Per serving: 19 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrate; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 121 mg sodium; 196 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (35 percent daily value), Lycopene.
0 Carbohydrate Serving(s)
Exchanges: 1 vegetable
- Fresh Tomato Salsa
- White Bean Bruschetta with Grilled Radicchio Salad
- Soft Shell Crab with Lemon Butter Recipe
- Grilled Artichokes
- Red, White and Blue Corn Chip Bites
- French Take on Gefilte Fish: Whitefish Terrine with Beet-Horseradish Relish
- Roasted Shrimp Cocktail with Mango Cocktail Sauce
- Polenta Wedges with Tomato Tapenade
- Sunchoke Carpaccio with Almonds and Grapefruit (Carpaccio di Topinambur)
- Three Sisters Empanadas
- Prosciutto with Fig Puree and Triple Cream Cheese
- Lemon-Garlic Marinated Shrimp
- Kimchi Pancakes (Kimchijeon)
- Homemade Hummus: Nothing Could Be Easier
- Roasted Garlic Guacamole with Help-Yourself Garnishes
- Grilled Eggplant, Tomato and Mozzarella Stacks
- Cool Roasted Shiitake with Barbecued Onions and Basil Oil
- Citrus-Marinated Seafood Cocktail Appetizer
- How to Make Cabbage Kimchi
- Polenta with Spring Vegetable Ragout
- Skinny Guacamole
Article: Copyright © 2017, Tribune Content Agency
"Fresh Tomato Salsa"
Fresh Tomato Salsa Recipe, Mexican Cuisine
World-renowned chefs with an extraordinary passion for food share their passion on iHaveNet.com. These chefs make great cooking easier than imagined. Each gourmet recipe features expert advice and an easy-to-make recipe. Exactly what you need to transform your home cooking from acceptable to delectable