Trout and Buckwheat Salad
by Hillary Tonken
It's possible that you've never tried smoked fish or buckwheat noodles before --but why not now?
Not only is it a fantastic meal, but it's perfect if you're watching your weight. Smoked trout is a low-calorie food (averaging about 90 calories per serving), and buckwheat noodles are fat- and cholesterol-free, as well as a good source of nutrients like manganese, lean protein, carbohydrates and thiamine.
Makes 4 servings
Trout and Buckwheat Salad Recipe Ingredients
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
8 ounces buckwheat noodles
1 bunch scallions, minced
1/3 cup cilantro leaves
2 small seedless cucumbers, cut into ribbons using a vegetable peeler
6-8 ounces smoked trout, chunked
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons Mirin wine
4 tablespoons soy sauce
Salt and ground black pepper, if desired
Trout and Buckwheat Salad Recipe Directions
Cook the buckwheat noodles according to package directions.
Drain then rinse under cold water.
Toss cooled noodles with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and reserve in a large mixing bowl.
Combine the remaining ingredients in another bowl.
Right before serving, toss with the noodles and season with salt and black pepper, if desired.
NOTE: This recipe works quite well with plain cooked trout or salmon too.
- Greek Quinoa Salad
- Kale and Grapefruit Salad
- Trout and Buckwheat Salad
- Winter Salad With Homemade Croutons
- Summer Salad with Grilled Chicken and Peaches
- Summer Chopped Salad with Basil Vinaigrette
- Baked Red Lentil Falafel Salad
- Asparagus Salad Topped with Poached Eggs
- Spinach Salad with Steak and Blueberries
- Spring Salad with Beets, Prosciutto and Creamy Onion Dressing
- Winter Salad with Roasted Squash and Pomegranate Vinaigrette
- Endive Salad with Pear, Pecans and Gorgonzola
- Main Course Salads: Quick Solutions for Weeknight Dinners
- Shaved Beet and Radish Salad with Pomegranate Seeds
- Swiss Chard with Balsamic, Maple Syrup and Fresh Ginger
- Summer Succotash Salad
- Shaved Asparagus Salad
- Pasta Salad with Gouda, Red Peppers and Artichoke Hearts
- Sicilian-Inspired Blood Orange Salad
- Chicken and White Bean Salad
- Fruit and Nut Tabouli Salad
- Vegetarian Taco Salad
- Warm Citrusy Millet Salad with Roasted Fennel and Kalamata Olives
- Classic Waldorf Salad
- Massaged Kale Salad
- Barley Cranberry Salad
- Warm Goat Cheese Salad with Arugula and Radicchio
- How To Make a Better Side Salad
- Farro Salad with Nectarines, Basil and Toasted Pine Nuts
- Pear and Prosciutto Salad with Late-Harvest-Wine Vinaigrette
- Radicchio Salad with Green Olives and Parmesan
- Greek Salad Santorini-Style
Article: Copyright © 2017, iHaveNet
"Trout and Buckwheat Salad"
Trout and Buckwheat Salad Recipe, American Cuisine
World-renowned chefs with an extraordinary passion for food share their passion on iHaveNet.com. These chefs make great cooking easier than imagined. Each gourmet recipe features expert advice and an easy-to-make recipe. Exactly what you need to transform your home cooking from acceptable to delectable