Winter Salad With Homemade Croutons
by Lauren Chattman
Take a break from comfort foods and enjoy this light, seasonal salad.
Bonus: Thanks to a nifty technique (cooking with cereal), these croutons take less time to prepare than those from your average crouton recipe.
Makes 4 servings
Winter Salad With Homemade Croutons Recipe Ingredients
1 1/2 cups Kellogg's Smart Start cereal
3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon grated orange zest
6 cups arugula
1 ripe pear, cored and thinly sliced
2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Winter Salad With Homemade Croutons Recipe Directions
Combine cereal and 1 teaspoon olive oil in a zipper-lock bag and shake to coat.
Add salt, pepper and orange zest and shake again.
In a large salad bowl, combine arugula, pear slices, goat cheese, cranberries and pecans.
Drizzle with oil and lemon juice and toss to coat.
Sprinkle with croutons, toss again and serve.
- Greek Quinoa Salad
- Kale and Grapefruit Salad
- Trout and Buckwheat Salad
- Winter Salad With Homemade Croutons
- Summer Salad with Grilled Chicken and Peaches
- Summer Chopped Salad with Basil Vinaigrette
- Baked Red Lentil Falafel Salad
- Asparagus Salad Topped with Poached Eggs
- Spinach Salad with Steak and Blueberries
- Spring Salad with Beets, Prosciutto and Creamy Onion Dressing
- Winter Salad with Roasted Squash and Pomegranate Vinaigrette
- Endive Salad with Pear, Pecans and Gorgonzola
- Main Course Salads: Quick Solutions for Weeknight Dinners
- Shaved Beet and Radish Salad with Pomegranate Seeds
- Swiss Chard with Balsamic, Maple Syrup and Fresh Ginger
- Summer Succotash Salad
- Shaved Asparagus Salad
- Pasta Salad with Gouda, Red Peppers and Artichoke Hearts
- Sicilian-Inspired Blood Orange Salad
- Chicken and White Bean Salad
- Fruit and Nut Tabouli Salad
- Vegetarian Taco Salad
- Warm Citrusy Millet Salad with Roasted Fennel and Kalamata Olives
- Classic Waldorf Salad
- Massaged Kale Salad
- Barley Cranberry Salad
- Warm Goat Cheese Salad with Arugula and Radicchio
- How To Make a Better Side Salad
- Farro Salad with Nectarines, Basil and Toasted Pine Nuts
- Pear and Prosciutto Salad with Late-Harvest-Wine Vinaigrette
- Radicchio Salad with Green Olives and Parmesan
- Greek Salad Santorini-Style
Article: Copyright © 2017, iHaveNet
"Winter Salad With Homemade Croutons"
World-renowned chefs with an extraordinary passion for food share their passion on iHaveNet.com. These chefs make great cooking easier than imagined. Each gourmet recipe features expert advice and an easy-to-make recipe. Exactly what you need to transform your home cooking from acceptable to delectable