Airlines Most Likely To Lose Your Luggage
by Niall McCarthy (Statista)
Which U.S. airlines are most likely to lose your luggage? This chart shows the most mishandled baggage reports filed per 1,000 passengers by airline.
After a long flight across the United States, there's no greater annoyance and inconvenience than waiting by the baggage carousel in vain, only to find out that your airline has misplaced your suitcase.
The good news for American travelers is that less bags are being lost this year than last year. That's according to a new report from the U.S. Department of Transportation which found that 12 major U.S. airlines handled 806,705 lost baggage reports in this first six months of this year, down on 817,111 during the same period in 2016.
Losing a luggage item is a relatively rare occurrence, though it becomes more likely depending on which airline you fly with.
Between January and June 2017, 2.54 baggage reports were filed per 1,000 passengers, compared to 2.65 in 2016. Expressjet had the most reports at 4.21 per 1,000 of its passengers, up on 2016's 4.17. Skywest and Frontier are the handled the second and third highest amount of reports so far this year, at 3.36 and 3.09 per 1,000 passengers respectively.
- Cities Where Tourists Spend The Most
- South Africa Comes Alive in Durban
- China Comes Alive in Nanjing
- 6 Must-Know Spring Break Vacation Tips
- How Travel Will Change
- Most Hashtagged Tourist Destinations
- Most Instagrammed European Attractions
- Airlines Most Likely To Lose Your Luggage
- Most Hashtagged Cities On Instagram
- Going on Your Own RV Travel Adventure
- Budget-Friendly Spring Break Vacations
- How to Maximize the Joy of Travel
- Gearing Up for Adventure Travel
- Taking the Kids to NYC for the First Time
- 10 of the Most Haunted Places in New England
- Napa Winery's Garden, A Year-Round Place Of Culinary Inspiration
- Beyond Wine: Sonoma's Chill Food-And-Drink Scene Keeps Growing
- Kenyan Eco-Huts Attract Tourists & Cash
- Top 10 Airlines: In-flight Internet
- Ancient Greece's Restored Tower of Winds Keeps Its Secrets
- Travel: Healthy Eating Tips
- Top Family-Friendly Spring Break Vacations
- Top Inexpensive Places to Travel To
- Best Apps for the Savvy Traveler
- Best Apps to Learn A New Language
- Photography Tips for Vacation Travelers
- The 10 Best Cameras for Summer Travel
- Travel with a Purpose
- VIP Airport Lounges: Airport Oasis
- Do Airlines Give Best Fares to Search Engines?
- Need a Flight? Just Google It
- Airfare Consolidators: Low Profile but Still Around
- Best Online Tools for Managing Airline Miles
- The Secrets to Successful Travel Bidding